The story of My new Toy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The story of My new Toy

i first new that i wanted a old powerwagon is when i was watching my favorite show "Trucks" he had just got a 1940s 1 ton power wagon (for free) and its name was Sgt. Rock so i was watching it one day and my dad came in and sat down because loves older vehicles and military vehicles and said "wow now that is cool" and i look and him and said ya i know i need a project truckand him thinking he is so smart said if you can find a 1930-1950 power wagon you can buy it but that is the only other vehicle alowed in this yard and that was in june of this year. so what do i do dive onto the computer and start looking and i called up all my friends and started looking for one and 1 month later my friend calls me and says look in the little nickle our free paper for all sorts of stuff and there it was a 1948 dodge power wagon with pto winch for $1200 so i begged my friend for a loan and talked the guy down to $1000 and we loaded it up and were off. so i spent 3 days straight and got it running but ya it is fun projec if you have any questions that i did not anwser let me know

Tyler Gill

Ha haha, oh, Tyler, that is great! I can see the look on your pop's face when the Power Wagon pulled in, never dreaming you'd be able to pull it off!! You probably earned some respect with that coup.

I pulled off something similar with my pop: he allowed that I might have a car, but I'd have to buy it myself [and I unemployed at 14 years of age]. He figured he was safe for at least 2 more years.

A couple of days later my buddies delivered the '47 Crosley Hot Shot race car! Don't laugh, a redline of 12,500 [overhead cam] and it turned 89 mph lap average at Sears Point, or was it Cotati?! We had about a mile long private driveway with several sharp curves and a turn around at each end. Oh, the sleepless nights they spent, imagining me wrapping it to a tree at 100. I think they were actually happy when I brought home the first 'street machine' a few months later, a 1937 Cadillac LaSalle V8......

I think I was born a wheeler-dealer, and it's never stopped to this day, as I just brought home two more, and a total of 4 in the last 6 months.
    JimmieD

Comment

Working...
    X