My grandfather's PW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My grandfather's PW

My grandfather bought this '55 C3-PW6 to use on our family farm sometime in the '60s and I have seen it parked under the hay barn for at least the last 20 years.

Apparently, my great-uncle parked it in the barn after breaking the rear axle shafts. He removed the broken axles, differential and rear drive shaft and then drove it into it's resting place by putting it in 4wd...and there it has been ever since.

I have no idea what happened to the original bed and I think that my grandfather put the Braden PTO winch on his jeep when he converted the PW to run on LP Gas (he owned a few propane businesses in small towns).

We just inherited the family farm and my uncles finally agreed to let me have the Power Wagon as long as I don't sell the truck. You can see that it looks pretty rough, but there's nothing that can't be fixed.

Now it's time to get started and I have plenty of questions.
    Attached Files

Looks really nice...

Those barn fresh trucks sure have been appearing more and more...

Pieter

Comment

farmers dying off

Sadly the farming generation is dying off and the families are selling out to the developers. This is probably the reason for the barn fresh trucks.

Rick

Comment

farmers dying off

Originally posted by RickL
        Sadly the farming generation is dying off and the families are selling out to the developers. This is probably the reason for the barn fresh trucks.

Rick

Not us...we're still raising some cattle on this farm. I think he mainly used this PW for hauling hay to the pastures when they were still using square bales.

Steve

Comment

I use my M37 all the time to haul a hay trailer and feed the cattle (we still use square bales).

I have seen lots of trucks in much worse shape - have fun and good luck restoring it!

Comment

Working...
          X