My wm300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My wm300

I was only 9 years old when my Grandad passed away in 1972. He owned a small farm in northern Iowa. The equipment and tools he used were considered obsolete by his neighbors, but he maintained them and they treated him well. One of the memories that is etched in my mind is the grease guns hanging on the walls of the outbuildings...there were grease guns everywhere. Two of them hung on nails by the Power Wagon in the corn crib. The Power Wagon was never cleaned or shined and the interior smelled of corn dust and mice but it was babied with mechanical maintenance. We spent long hours on short trips in that truck and I came to admire both he and the truck.
    By the time Grandad passed away, my dad had made his life in the city, had 4 kids and a mortgage. He had no intentions of taking over the farm. It was bought out by a neighbor and his equipment was sold at auction, including the truck. My dad showed no emotion during the auction, but it was tearing ME up. Most of the tools and equipment was sold to men I had never seen. Years later, I saw a flat fender in a driveway. I knew I would have one. After a great search I found a '61 WM300. I disassembled it completely the first day I had it. My dad came out to help. His eyes lit up when he saw it. He has been a great help to me throughout the restoration and I know now that I was not the only one that was sad the day Grandad's things were sold. I think we will spend long hours on short trips in this truck.

Great Story!

Nothing to add here, well done!
    MN

Comment

Working...
    X