it was in the family.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it was in the family.....

I was doomed before I was born. My father had a 55 dodge pickup that had a 392 hemi stuffed into it when my parents started dating, my mom a 66 barracuda w/a 273 v8. When they married my mom bought a 68 Dodge dart GTS convertable with a 340 v8. My uncle a 1972 yellow and white two tone D100. From there there was a lull then in 1986 My parents bought a W100 short box and in 1987 a chrysler lebaron. due to an injury to my step father,I got the dodge in high school, got a lot of flack from the inbread ford and gm kids at first. Added headers, duals, large 2bbl carb and boxed the emmisions there late model fords and chevys could not keep up on or off road. I took that truck places thruogh high school and college. I parted ways with the W100 in 1993 cause my job was 100+ miles a day and the Newburyport Mass police did not like hearing my truck fire up @ 4am when I'd leave work (duals w/glasspacks exiting before the rear tires).

My wife let me buy a 1984 Ramcharger in 2000 it was in pretty rough shape body wise, but the 318 and drivetrain were solid and the interior was good. sank 500 to 800 in body and new carpet, opened up the 318 with dual exaust, headers and 4 barrel intake and carb, was a nice truck but I needed cash and was offered $3000 for it.

Now I have my current truck a 1977 w200 military surplus m880 with 12013 original miles. Currently in for rust work and to get re-painted olive drab. my wife is a forgiving soul who everyone says has a get into heaven free card and a shot at sainthood for marrying me.

From what I am told the 392 is still sitting at my uncles but he won't confirm or deny that rumor.

CP that is one great story!

Yet further proof that this is a genetic thing, as some sort of recessive gene in the body circulating through the blood from birth and ever after. No sense trying to fight it.

JimmieD

Comment

an intelligence ...

gene...ha!ha!
      MN

Comment

Working...
      X