W350 Paint Schemes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W350 Paint Schemes

I'm almost ready to start block sanding, wet sanding my 1984-5 W350 Crew Cab (ex Air Force Truck) after new front floor pans, new LH rocket panel, etc and looking for suggestions on paint schemes --- (off topic: the Lincoln Square Wave 200 and Miller MIG 211 each performed flawlessly).

Current color is heavily oxidized Fire Engine Red over Air Force Blue with original blue interior, but I'm x'fering a light tan'ish interior over to the Crew Cab out of a 1987 D250. Tan, of course, "likes" whites, greens, black, but it can work with a whole range of other colors if your selection is careful.

The original colors for that year aren't encouraging (below) and I would appreciate thoughts/suggestions from current crew cab owners and others what might work --- the truck is street only, no show. Haven't made a decision yet on Single Stage or Base/Clear Coats for the paint either. Any pictures you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.autocolorlibrary.com/aclc...truck-pg01.jpg

Well since you asked...

I've always thought/planned that if I was to ever not repaint a truck the original color I'd go way out with HIP muscle car colors like Hemi Orange or Green Go but that's just me.

Welcome to the Forum BTW, just realized that was your first post!
    1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
    1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
    1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
    2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

always been partial to Viper "Bonsai Blue" with white

Comment

Working...
      X