No announcement yet.

Nebraska M37

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be watching for those motor mount pictures!

Comment

Good to go! Its -25 with wind chill outside so Im waiting for the shop to warm up>>>Then its go time.

Comment

Well I didn't get to the mounts today. I put the new adapter plate on and assembled everything. She is all ready to go in now. I also built a bracket for the clutch master cylinder I pulled from my parts truck.

Comment

Comment

Looks good. I'm going to try to use a set of pedals from a 2nd gen 5 speed dodge mounted to the firewall with the dodge master cyl and slave cyl combo used with the 6bt/nv4500 combo in those trucks.

Comment

I like your pedal idea. I think that would be a great way to go. Im trying to retain as much original stuff as possible but I think I would like that. Here is a sneak peak of part of my motor mount system. It turned out pretty nice.

Comment

Motors between the framerails! Your kickin some serious you know what! Are you keeping the np200? Just wondering what your plan is for the intermediate driveshaft between the trans and tcase?

Comment

Yeah Im keeping the 200 for better or worse. Im going to have to have a "jack shaft" made to fit a ford tranny and New Process T case. I just keep chipping away, eventually Ill run out of fabrications and ill get to paint it and drive it again. Let me know how those pedals turn out.

Comment

I have a 4bt, that I'm mating to a 2wd nv4500 by using the dodge cummins adapter plate. I'll also be keeping the np200. I have a gm 2wd version. It's shorter and has a yolk instead of a slip joint off the back side of the trans. It's my intention to keep the tc in the stock location so I don't have to mess with driveshafts and change the location of the shift levers in the cab.

Comment

Okay Tuko here you go. If I was to do it over again I would just put the mounts back on the middle of the engine. It would be easier to have level mounts. Oh well it turned out great.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Heck of a stout crossmember!

Comment

Originally posted by tuko View Post
                              Heck of a stout crossmember!
                              Yep. Had to be done. Something has to hold that puppy in there. I'm going to have to do a little more fabrication to hold the t case levers up as the ZF has no place to bolt anything like a lot of transmissions do on the passenger side.

Comment

I imagine I will be doing the same. The guy Paul in ny used to have a link on his website on how he did his but a lot of his pages are inaccessible now he has them set to private.

Comment

Working...
                                X