Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks JimmieD

G'Day JimmieD,
    Thanks for the links big fella.Appreciate your time and effort in doing that.
    Regards
    Tragic

Comment

Tragic,
      Jim is stalling, if he wasn't providing you with those links he'd have to be under his house thawing out pipes in -12 temperature....= )
      MN

Comment

Tragic:

I posted your info over at the WW II Dodge site, and when I get a chance, I'll do a personal email to some of the guys I know in OZ. Great group of guys. I'd love to party with them someday, but ya can't drive to OZ from here. HA!

Later
        Ugg

Comment

Thanks UGG

G'Day Ugg,
          Many many thanks for what you are doing.Appreciate it.You guys are having some strange weather over there.NY'ers catching some rays when it is normally frost bite weather.I saw some footage of a 4WD somewhere playing pinball down the road, bouncing off some equally as expensive $WDs.Ouch.Stupid thing was it looked and sounded like the mental giant had his/her foot pressed to the floor. Must've been thinking "Ramming Speed Captain!!".
          Stay warm.
          Tragic

Comment

Rob,
            Welcome!
            If you have a reason or opportunity to come to the states sometime, maybe you can "arrange" for it to be in early June, that way you could take in the Iowa rally where you will be in Power Wagon nirvana!
            On another note, the Power Wagon Advertiser magazine has had several articles over the years regarding power wagons in other countries. I think you would really enjoy it.
            Dave

Comment

Sounds like a great idea

G,Day Dave,
              Thanks for your welcome.Your suggestion of visiting the States sounds like a top idea.I have perused the meets and shows section of the forum and thought that I could be in heaven. My mate down here that got me into Dodges comes to the States every June or July and takes in truck meets.He has an absolute ball.I am not too sure where he goes but he's into Diamond Ts.He picked up a fibreglass Husky emblem that adorned some dealership or rather.He's brought it back down here and has since found out that it was an icon.Some of his friends over there thought that it was lost to the States for ever, but he has had it repaired and is about to take a cast of it.The original can then come back on his next trip and take its place in a museum as it should.Probably have to buy it a ticket and sit it in the seat next to him.I have checked out the subscription info for the PW advertiser and just have to figure out how to get the money over there in the correct manner.I think it would be well worth it.
              Take care
              Regards
              Tragic

Comment

Tragic:

This June WOULD be the time to come, and beeline to Iowa for the rally. Then again, maybe you could join up with those 2 crzy Norweigan guys who are gonna drive a WC 54 around the world. dodgetrip.com .

Later
                Ugg

Comment

Hey, Tragic, check out the link!

http://www.dodgepowerwagon.com/wwwbo...s/2290191.html

JimmieD

Comment

Thanks JimmieD

G'day JimmieD,
                    Thanks for thinking of me and posting the link.Appreciate it Big Fella.Had a look and sent an email to the guy out here that posted it.
                    Take Care
                    Tragic

Comment

A Thankyou to Ugg

G'Day Ugg,
                      By the look of it, one of your contacts down here has just got in touch and shared some photos of a WC54 that he has in his back yard.So thanks Big Fella for taking the time to spread my enquiry around.Appreciate it.
                      Catch Ya
                      Tragic

Comment

Welcome Aboard!

Tragic,

Welcome to the Forum!

I loved your reference to "fiddly bits". That would be a great username on the Forum, HA!

I hope one day to make it to your beautiful country!

Comment

Update on Aussie Dodge ute

Hi Guys.Long time no post. I just thought I'd update you'all on my progress on becoming a proud owner of a non powerwagon Dodge.I was all set to buy a 1960s or so civvy pickup that my good mate had rescued for me with the intention of keeping it until I could save up to buy it from him.I recently got some money together and got in contact with him to talk turkey on the price. It turns out that the poor guy had sold it five days before. He was absolutely guttered when he realised that I was now in a position to buy what he had just sold. He is in the process of importing a very large prime mover from the States and our Customs people are charging him an arm and a leg to bring it in. As it turns out he sold it to a collector that had come to buy a totally different truck and saw 'my' dodge. He bought both trucks and paid cash.From what I can gather he offered an obsecene amount of the folding stuff for the Dodge and my mate just could not say no. I cannot blame him because it solved his import fee headache.I have no ill feelings towards my mate and know that it just wasn't meant to be my Dodge.What would I have done if place in the same position?. Good mates are hard to find.So we are still looking for that elusive Dodge to call my own and I'll keep you updated.
                          Take care people
                          Tragic

Comment

How to speak volumes with few words:

"Good mates are hard to find."

Brother, those are some fine words and worthy of repeating! I've personally known people that had indescribable collections of material 'stuff' that died very unhappily, not having a friend in the world to mourn and not missed at all at their passing!

It's simple like you say: that wasn't your truck. Your truck is just around the corner or up the road a bit....

Comment

Pilot House Dodge trucks

Here's a picture of Devon Parson's '48 Dodge Pilot House truck, converted to 4X4. The wood in the bed is from Japan. None of the Pilot House trucks ('48 to '53) were available in 4X4 from the factory.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Civvy Dodge Update

Thanks JimmieD.Glad it hit a chord with you. I'll hang on to the fact that my Dodge is just over the next rise in the road. It is very important to remember that as you go through life, you are only as good as your mates. Thanks Russ too for the 4x4 Pilot House photo.Very impressive and not overdone.
                                Take care Guys
                                Tragic

Comment

Working...
                                X