My mistress is a M37

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mistress is a M37

I was looking for an exmilitary truck to use for work. my wife rolled her eyes because the driveway already was filled with a Suburban, Bronco, Explorer, and a nonrunning old Ford Ranger. Well one day while looking on ebay there it was, a M37, all the sudden I was flashing back to my youth and remembered how I used to love WC's and M37s but at that time I didn't have a clue how to get my hands on one (no internet in those days)and of course I didn't have any money. Well spring forward to the present, if I was to have a mistress during my midlife crisis, a truck was a safe bet. A cold war relic was even better, it may hold its value better than a mistress. I got the M37, the wife didn't talk to me for a week (ok a day and a half). My son wanted to know why I hadn't bought a bunch of these before now, he's only 11 and nuts about military surplus. Well the M37 turned out to be in a little better shape than I had anticipated so I use it once in awhile for work. I am fortunate that my "mistress" has been low maintenance. I haven't had to do much to her other than drive around and get crazy looks from others and comments about what a nice "jeep" I have.

Welcome, Ron!

I think the 11 year old has the right idea and we can see that the apples [or nuts] don't fall too far from the tree. I believe a 4 wheeled mistress is much better for your health and sanity than a 2 legged one ha haha! I hope you will post us some pictures of your concubine as soon as convenient.

Comment

My Mistress

do you want to make her really happy,first get rid of all the non dodges and then buy her a nice 41 wc , and there happens to be one from maine there haha ,congrads on your m37, getting a new old truck is great steve from maine

Comment

Well I've been a Ford man (trucks only) for 20+ years. Please don't shoot me Dodge lovers. Before that it was a crappy AMC Hornet (what a classic! ha ha ha)The Bronco stays, the Explorer is my daily. I wouldn't have any problem using the Suburban as a tow target or demolition derby entry, that's my wife's vehicle, she is already doing a good job at that. I'm still living partially in the stone age so once I figure out how to post pictures I will. My teenage daughter is my tech expert I will try to get her to show me how to do it. If I had more space, no neighbors, and a bunch of cash I would have a bunch of MVs especially a few extra M37s (my wifes biggest fear). Thanks for the welcome guys.
        Ron
        54 M37

Comment

Hi Ron:

Where about's do ya hail from? I was lucky, as my wife was the one that really pushed me to get the Beast, but she didn't have a clue as to what kind of monster she created until I came home with the deuce. If she only knew what went on in my mind. HA!

My son, Maynard is 14. He's the same way, but he wants us to get a tank, or something with guns. He's also a big WW II buff due to my Dad's war story's. He can even tell ya what grains of powder the German's used in various MG's. Now he wants to get into reenacting. So be prepared with your son. Good Luck and Enjoy.

Steve:

Oh cut it out, your happier than a pig in poop that ya didn't sell your WC. HA!

Later
          Ugg

Comment

Ugg,
            I'm on the North Carolina coast, My son is doing the reenacting thing. They have "camp" through the Virginia War Museum a couple of times a year, He is preparing for the Ardennes campaign in a few weeks. He would like a tank as well, along with a 50 cal for the M37 and a 105mm to tow behind it. I've been a WW2 nut as long as I can remember, I bought a german helmet when I was 9 for $20. Thought it would take me forever to save for that, still got it though 34 years later. Hope your son finds a good group to reenact with.
            Ron
            M37
            NCMVPA

Comment

Hi Ron:

It's still nice by you. Last time out (about 2 hours ago), we had about 15" of snow, and it was still coming down. Took the wife 45 minutes to do what's normally a 5 minute drive. My Dad had a whole slew of stuff he brought home. When I was 7, he got rid of the guns, but kept the SS stuff. He had taken it of an officer. All that's left is the binoculars. 8>(

There's a guy in NY that makes 50 cals with pedestal mounts for parades for vehicles for about $300.00, but they won't pass close inspection. There are several groups locally that I just recently discovered, but I don't know if Maynard will actually join. School comes first, and he's having a hard time right now. He just started HS.

He now has a complete uniform (minus field jacket and weapons), as I finally found some double buckle boots for him. Mostly, I think he just wants to dress the part when we do shows with the Beast. I have been aquiring stuff that ya might find around a vehicle for a while now. Mapcases, dust respirators, goggles, K ration boxes, stuff like that. We're gonna mark the Beast in honor of my Dad.

Later
              Ugg

Comment

Working...
              X