My first Power wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first Power wagon

Hi...Im new to the forum but Im a long time Dodge Power Wagon lover.When we were kids my buddys grampa drove a 56 Power wagon.We loved the sounds it made and the way it smelled and the way it looked with those big flat fenders as it came down the road.I knew then that I had to have one.Around 1975 I bought a 55 and worked on it and got it running and drove it about two years.My buddy called and said he had bought a 66WM300 with winch from Davey tree at an auction and said I could buy it,which I did.It was a cab and chassis in really nice shape so I put the 55 bed and running boards on it and drove it for many,many years.Please dont ask me why I sold it(got married,kids...you know).Now I drive a 41 1/2 ton that I and my older sons fixed up in 1992,even hauled to Iowa once.I love this truck,all stock running gear,900:16s,12 volt and painted red with black fenders,still runs good.We had two more sons later on in life and now they want a 1 ton...so here we go again,another father son project,so you know what were doing....Looking....Thanks...
    Last edited by billy-jay; 04-06-2006, 11:41 AM.

Nothing better than a family Dodge Project!
    MN

Comment

Good luck on the search Billy-jay. Keep us posted.

Comment

Hope you and your son have as good of an experience as I did with my dad. One of the best things my dad and I did together was my Power Wagon project. Dad's usually not real talkative, but the work on the L head put him in heaven and brought out his better side. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
        X