No announcement yet.

1965 W200 Cummins Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started the Cummins today. Sounds great!
    [youtube]http://youtu.be/GqcjYkrypBc[/youtube]
    http://youtu.be/GqcjYkrypBc

Comment

Awesome build

Powerman, I have been following your project for a while now, its awesome. 6 years ago I picked up a 1963 W200 power wagon 4-door short box stepside. I just recently got my hands on an old 12 valve and an allison 545. I have some questions about motor mounts, and power steering. If you could email me that would be great. Jbortell7@gmail.com.

Thanks,

John

Comment

Here is some more progress. Cab is finally on. Half of the brake and fuel lines are in place. Fitting hydroboost brake master cylinder along with the clutch master cylinder. Hooking up steering: steering box is from a scout II, ordering crossover steering soon for the Dana 60. It is coming together just need the time to work on it . :lol:

Comment

Got some work done today. Mounted the brake and clutch master cylinders. Shortened the steering column and shaft, squared off the end to fit the telescoping linkage and found a bearing to support the shaft. Next up wiring, fuel linkage, and crossover steering kit.

Comment

Fitted the front fenders and core support. Next up is steering, wiring.

Comment

Finished the steering: Mounted the box to the frame, installed the crossover arm and welded up the draglink. Everything fit perfect and I didn't need to bend the draglink. Bled the brakes and now just need to get the correct hydraulic fittings to hook up to the power steering box.
              Next up : wiring.

Comment

Great work and wonderful photographs!
                Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Really nice, quality work.

What are your plans for the dash? Wire in new guages on the original or custom build from scratch? Curious about the info center read out etc.
                  1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
                  1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
                  1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
                  2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

First road/off road trip with the Cummins went great. Drove up to the Power Wagon Rally in Hollister, Ca (about 250 miles round trip). The truck handled like a dream (at least compared to what I'm used to), brakes worked great and it had plenty of power. Had a great time at the rally. 4WD worked great as well. Here are some pics:

Comment

Comment

Here a few pics from the rally:

Comment

Comment

Powerman, very nice and looks great! Thanks for the pix, and keep us posted on the adventures.
                            I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
                            Will
                            WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
                            1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
                            1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
                            1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
                            2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

Hydro boost

Powerman what hydro boost did you use? Do you have disc all the way around? Do you have plenty of stopping power with that hydro? Fleabag!!

Comment

I used the hydroboost set up from the '96 Dodge truck. I have discs on the Dana 60 front and drum brakes on the Dana 80 rear. It stops great!!

Comment

Working...
                                X