Dodge Dakota 4x4 trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I draw the line

at fuel injection, power windows and computers. some may draw the line at automatic transmissions. some draw the line at heat and doors.
    selfishly I'll allow power steering!
    funny how that line thing works
    everyone will get along just fine if they come out and admit that the flatfender granddaddy is a superior machine.

bring the dakotas on board, it will give me somebody to look down on. just kidding!!
    hey I got razzed pretty good when I first signed up with a lone "74 not real" Dodge Power Wagon. attending Power Wagon Rallys is what really sinks the hook. Dakota boys you have been warned.

I lurked for 1/2 a year before posting. met some fantastic people.

Comment

I keep re-drawing my line too... It moves both ways but is usually progressive, but oh so sluggish.

Had a friend get stranded at work the other day. Not because his truck quit but his KEY BATTERY died. So the truck didn't recognize it and refused to start. Now THATS progress...
      1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
      1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
      1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
      2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

Ack!

I just realized he moved this thread! I've been posting in the Dakota Forum! Oh the shame...
        1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
        1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
        1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
        2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

I drive a 1972 w200 monster truck, and i love the 70's trucks like crazy. i think that in this context adding the dakota to the list is a good idea. I am looking at one, a 93 v6 5spd 4x4, for around 500 bucks. that is to the point of old truck status. it wont hurt anything to add the option. and if you dont like them, well then just dont click the link.

Comment

Why do they always mess with the good stuff?

I have had 2 dakota 4x4s and they have given me great service. My first one was a 1988 standard cab with the 3.9 v6. The body got bad enough that I replaced it with a 1994 club cab with the 3.9. I sold the old Dakota to my brother in law for a plow truck and he loves it. I've never had to tear apart the engines for major repairs. I had the tranny rebuilt on the 94 because it was bad when I bought it. I use it to haul about anything and to go in the woods to haul firewood even through the winter here in northern Indiana. I don't like how the automakers start making a vehicle - a right sized - mid sized vehicle and then start making them bigger and bigger until they have to go back and start all over again. But I guess thats America- everything has to get bigger and "better" for progress! Enough of my rant but I still like the older stuff like my M37.

Comment

Never owned a Dakota, used quite a few to me it is the perfect size truck for most of us who do not need a truck. Afterall driving a truck is predominately a life style choice. I think I prefer the 87-90 style Dakota the best. The style is sllek & clean. Yes, I think some day I'll buy one

Comment

Working...
              X