M37

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M37

I've been reading this site for about a month, but have been a Dodge M37 fan since I was 16, 23 years ago. My first job was to paint fire hydrants for my local fire department. I was given their old brush fire truck, an M37, to drive around the city and paint. The truck was painted red and didn't have a top. But it got a lot of looks, and a lot of thumbs-up from my hs friends. It lasted almost all summer before it broke down. The mechanic claimed he couldn't get parts to fix it, and they sold it a year later. Best job I ever had.

So, I've been looking for one to restore and have fun with. I have my eye on one now.

Sounds like good memories, restoring one will give you a bunch more good memories, good luck in your quest!

Comment

Hey Tmac!

Gordon's Power Wagon Advertiser is one of the very best places to look. There's always intersting articles and lots of info, plus the whole back end is full of ads related to just what you're looking for! There are exceptions, but for the most part I see the prices there as more realistic than in other venues, i.e. E-bay, "Get this ultra rare, one of a kind, only one with actual green paint and original tuck-n-roll upholstery M37 for only $41,000! BUY IT NOW!!" You'll be happy with your subscription, I guarantee it.

And another thing: in this crazy world with all of its confusions and hectic dilemmas sitting down with PWA is sorta like taking some time with a trusted old friend in a quiet place. Hard to describe but it's a very nice time to be had.
      Last edited by JimmieD; 12-08-2005, 11:52 PM.

Comment

What They Said

Hey Tmac,
        The guys are right, PWA is a great place to start!
        Good Luck,

Comment

What they said II

As a 20 year subscriber I can attest to what JimmieD is saying. lots of common sense reading that is to be done best in a quiet environment.

Comment

Working...
          X