in honor of WWII veterans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in honor of WWII veterans

The reason I bought a WC-21, a very old Dodge 1/2 ton truck.

My interest in dodge power wagons isn't fueled by fiery dreams of Mopar V8s, not by the rugged reputation, not even by the really great ads asking "that thing got a hemi?"

No my interest was slow to grow the past seven years or so while I have been involved in restoring WWII tanks. First it was riding in one, then driving in a parade. It led to me becoming a reenactor and a student of the machines of WWII. I have driven an impressive variety of tanks, trucks, jeeps, and even an airborne scooter! When the 'bug' began to take hold I looked at 2 1/2 ton trucks and jeeps mostly. Then I saw a WC-22... It was ugly. It was on some long forgotten website. It wasn't on my list. Strange thing, I couldn't shake the image out of my head! Now on a mission I seemed to find these rare machines everywhere! So in time I found a suitable truck for restoration and purchased it. A WC-21 does not have the winch on it but I can wait until the next one for that. The truck is rough. It is rusty and missing some parts. The bed is rotted away, the tires wrong. Gauges and windshield broken, paint faded and chipped away. But there is life yet.

The future of this ancient warrior is bright. Life will be restored to it. This truck, part of the greatest generation, will remain as a tribute to those who served and who won the most important war in the history of the world. The WC will go to parades, it will be present at reenactments, it will dig across a muddy stream and up a hill just as they were meant to...
Working...
X