No announcement yet.

New member, I have to get a town wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice truck Andy the boys on SH would like that also.

Comment

I've been very busy working on my 57 Town Panel. I am doing body work to the shell. I just got it back from being sand blasted today. So far I have replaced the whole drivers side and a good portion of the right rear corner. I have also welded in the step side fender lips that I found. I have a little bit of welding left then I am going to DA with 80 grit the whole thing then apply a coat of epoxy primer. Then there's filler to put on and a coat of hi build primer. At least thats what I have been told to do. I am doing this body work myself for my first time. Any tips for me? Am I going about it right? Should I stick to my day job? I will try to post some pics of my project. My wife started a Facebook page documenting the build, I will try to post a link to it if I can figure it out.https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-D...53479041329624

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

I will get some current photos tomorrow.

Comment

You're doing a good job from everything I can see in the pics. Keeping the warp out of the panels while welding is the biggest trick. Did you patch the inner wheel house before you put the arches in? As you know the body isn't welded to the floor other than the wheel house. I used a rope mastic to close up that gap to keep the dirt out. It's the type they use to seal manhole sections at the joints. Works great and is large enough to fill that gap. Eastwood has a great undercoating in a spray can with a small tube and a fan tip that gets into the hard to seal spots. We just used it on a 66 Bronco and the stuff creeps everywhere you need it. The back doors look like they may need a lower skin. These are really hard to find in good shape so you have to save them. Keep up the good work you've got a LOT of acres of sheet metal to sand numerous times. Dura Blocks are great tools to have for block sanding if you don't already have a set.

Comment

Can't wait to see the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by The Other Ross View Post
                    Can't wait to see the rest.
                    Me too!!!

Comment

Sarah needs to lose that Stihl cap.

Comment

Still working on a Town Wagon. My 57 body is all painted in epoxy primer now. I actually bought another town wagon two weekends ago. I went back to The first one I looked at and bought it. It is a 1966 2wd with no motor or tranny. It is all there otherwise. When I looked at it a year ago he wanted $4500 for it well I offered him $1200 and he took it. I then this last weekend bought a 1985 W150 shortbox truck with a badly rusted out body for $400. I already have the entire body off of it and the wiring harness all removed and lightened up from in the dash. I am next replacing brake and fuel lines and then steering gear and fix a couple other odds and ends on the chassis. I will then pull the body off the 66 and put it on the 85 4X4. Somebody STOP me, I cant quit buying Dodge's. I will post some photos soon.

Comment

Andy you have to concede to the fact, like the rest of us, that once bitten by the Dodge truck bug it's all down hill. There is no known cure for the illness so enjoy the ride. You know you're really in deep when everyone you know asks " Did you see that old Dodge truck over by so and so?" LOL Keep up the good work I've posted a few new pics on the 58 Sweptside I'm on now.

Comment

Working...
                          X