Wanted: M37 Parking Brake Drum and Band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: M37 Parking Brake Drum and Band

As mentioned in the thread title, I am looking to buy the drum and band from an M37 parking brake assembly. Will probably need it shipped to Chesapeake, Va. Thanks!
    1942 WC53 Carryall in progress.

BTW: The brake band was used on many Chrysler products (car and truck) in the 1940-50's.

BTW #2: I picked up a e-brake drum off a trans from a 1950's 2wd 1/2 Dodge pickup - same as M37 except 1/8" larger o.d. - maybe manufacturer variance on o.d.? The 2wd yoke off the trans has the same splines as the M37 t/c outputs in case you want to run a centered rear off the e-brake yoke:) I did this to my M37 t/c (looks like a WC62/62 t/c), but then I decided to run a NP205 with e-brake band.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew M. View Post
      BTW: The brake band was used on many Chrysler products (car and truck) in the 1940-50's.

BTW #2: I picked up a e-brake drum off a trans from a 1950's 2wd 1/2 Dodge pickup - same as M37 except 1/8" larger o.d. - maybe manufacturer variance on o.d.? The 2wd yoke off the trans has the same splines as the M37 t/c outputs in case you want to run a centered rear off the e-brake yoke:) I did this to my M37 t/c (looks like a WC62/62 t/c), but then I decided to run a NP205 with e-brake band.
      Thanks for the heads up! I ended up finding a used one for time being, and also went with a band brake on an NP205 with airshifters. Its going in my WC53 with custom Eaton HO axles.

1942 WC53 Carryall in progress.

Comment

Working...
      X