My First Dodge Power Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Dodge Power Wagon

How I got started, lets see when I was a teenager in 1968 and in 12th grade, my grandpa bought me a 1961 flat fender painted red. I drove that truck every day to school. Now when you were a senior and did not have a Mustang, Nova, Chevelle, 'cuda you were not cool. but no matter my PW got me around just fine, not fast but easy and slow. Guzzled gas like no tomorrow but, gas was between .20 and .25 cents a gallon and I had a job.

Upon graduation I received from Uncle Sam my draft notice (note my lottery number was 1) so off to the army I went. Well this was 1968 and Nam was in full swing. after basic training was sent home for 2-weeks prior to going to Nam, was suggested that we sign over all property to parent's, etc., well signed my FF to my dad for safe keeping.

Upon returning home in 1970, I learned that dear old Dad decided to sell my power wagon to a buddy of his for drinking money, (I later learned that my PW was sold for $125.00). Dad prior to his passing said he was sorry for what he did; I forgave him.

I never thought about it again and raised a wife and 2 kids, until I saw a PW sitting in a lot and inquired about it. One thing led to another and now I am the owner of another Red PW. I am now 61 years old and determined as ever to restore the PW named "0ld Red" to it's old glory.

A great story. Welcome to the group. We look forward to learning more about you and your truck.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Working...
    X