Two Post Lifts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Post Lifts?

Well, I'm busy with the new shed project, and I'd like to put a two post lift in.
    I'd prefer to buy American, but cost is an issue. While I grew up less than an hour from where they make the Mohawk lifts (Amsterdam NY) their $7k price does not work for me.

I'm wondering what folks have and what you all suggest? I'm leaning to Bendpak lifts, even though it is made in China...

Bendpak
    Eagle
    Rotary
    Mohawk
    Grreg Smith
    Atlas
    Danmar

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. This is for a hobby lift. I might use it once in a while on weekend.

thanks

Wayne

Think I already posted in the garage thread but I ended up with the Greg Smith lift and it's been a good machine. I use it like you, for hobby stuff, from the usual lifting cars to right now my cab is mounted on a home-made rotary mechanism that sits in the lift arms so I can adjust both height and position. Also great for lifting the cab, bed, body etc off of a vehicle. Once you have one you wonder how you ever lived without.

I went for the version I have because it was the direct drive (no chains to wear out) and had the single point release mechanism (more convenience than anything).

No problems in the five or so years I've had it.

One thing I did: my garage is 30 ft long, I placed the lift off center front-to-back. When I want to use the lift I pull forward in the bay, if I'm working on the floor or inside I park toward the rear so I can open the doors without the posts being an obstruction.

The Greg Smith site also recommends drilling the mounting holes completely through the concrete. If you ever have to remove the lift you can just remove the nut and drive the anchor flush with the floor to ease removing the posts. Good idea regardless of which lift you use.

Comment

Working...
    X