No announcement yet.

1948 power wagon project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todd, he built that bed from scratch? Thats fantastic. Love the back of that cab.
    1967 W200.aka.Hank
    1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
    2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matthew Welcher PWA View Post
      Todd, he built that bed from scratch? Thats fantastic. Love the back of that cab.
      Matthew - yes he is building it himself except for the front bed panel, tailgate, and the fenders. Everything else will be fabricated.

Been sanding all week off and was on the last door when I heard a ping sound. Found this on the bottom of the door. I got to say it was nice to have something else to do other than sanding. Still debating on whether or not I should paint it myself.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Is that seem part of the rolled over edge? I was speaking with a friend of mine who is a body man by profession today and he was discussing how much he loved the sanding process....I myself have never loved that part of restoration. Building two trucks at once has to keep you on your toes?
        1967 W200.aka.Hank
        1946 WDX.aka.Shorty

Comment

• Originally posted by Matthew Welcher PWA View Post
          Is that seem part of the rolled over edge? I was speaking with a friend of mine who is a body man by profession today and he was discussing how much he loved the sanding process....I myself have never loved that part of restoration. Building two trucks at once has to keep you on your toes?
          Matthew - yes that is the rolled edge at the bottom of the door.

Well I received my frame back and it is straight as an arrow. The shop was quicker than expected. It now has to sit outside until I am done with the prep work for painting.

I hope this is the last step before paint. Sprayed 2k surfacer to wet sand down and find any issues that I missed. I can not wait for it to be ready or I say it is good enough.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Additional photo
            Attached Files

Comment

• Todd

Your truck body looks great, I sure wish I had someone local to help me out on mine, I am good at the mechanical stuff but am not worth a !!!! on body work. Can't wait to see the finished paint. What color are you going with?

Comment

• Painting - Rio Maroon

Well after sanding 3 full weeks of 6-9 hr days I said enough is enough. Painted one side of several pieces. I would say I am about 2/5 done. Hope I get an earlier start to finish the remaining sides and parts. Here are some completed sides.

Color of the photos are showing more red than maroon. Must be the operator as I am one tired puppy to get it to this point.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Wow it’s looking great! Jealous of your progress! Keep up the good work and lots of updates please

Comment

• Everything is painted except the inside of the passengers’ door and the top sides of the two hood pieces. Quite pleased with the color and how they look over all with the amount of bodywork that was required from bullet hotels and the 90+ holes I had on the roof.

Looking forward to hiring some muscle from my sons lacrosse team so I can mount the cab.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Looking NICE!
                      I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
                      Will
                      WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
                      1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
                      1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
                      1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
                      2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

• Great work, wish you lived in CA (not really, no one wants to live here) so that you could teach me a thing or two on both the body work and painting.

Comment

• Wow, that is really looking great! One thing I've never done much of is body work. Not sure if I want to or not. LOTS of sanding, and a lot of finesse to get things looking right, it seems.

Comment

• Amazing! Looks so good!

Comment

• That color is beautiful! You will be done in no time. :)
                              1967 W200.aka.Hank
                              1946 WDX.aka.Shorty

Comment

• Speedometer Help/information please

I have been trying to get as much accomplished under the cab before I place it on this week - garage is cramped with the flat bed still waiting for the PW emblem.

Anyway I digress - I went to install my new speedometer cable and can not seem to get it tight enough to prevent (sorry for not know the correct term - but let’s say the bell housing?? that is next the femal threaded end) from moving. First off what do most people use to tighten this on? Second should this bell housing be tight and not wiggle ever so slightly?

I have drawn a line to what I am calling the bell housing?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X