68 w100 stepside axles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curtis68 View Post
    i have a 1968 w100 with the step side im rebuilding. my question is i have a dana 60 rear and dana 44 front. is this the normal axles for the truck. most places i go to find parts say i should have a crystler 8.75 axle not a dana 60. did they come with both or was mine an axle swap?
    In reviewing your VIN tag below, it looks like a previous owner converted the truck from 2WD [aka D Series] to a 4WD [aka W Series]. Is your truck equipped with a hydraulic clutch manual tranny and twin stick NP 201 transfer case? The folks at the parts stores are telling you that there should be corporate 5 lug axles in your truck because their computer or "updated" books don't pick up the fact that all pre-'69 W100 Sweptlines were 114" wheel base trucks with the 8 lug D60/D44 axles along with HD 200 Series springs and 200 Series brake system.
    John

Comment

Originally posted by Hobcobble View Post
      In reviewing your VIN tag below, it looks like a previous owner converted the truck from 2WD [aka D Series] to a 4WD [aka W Series]. Is your truck equipped with a hydraulic clutch manual tranny and twin stick NP 201 transfer case? The folks at the parts stores are telling you that there should be corporate 5 lug axles in your truck because their computer or "updated" books don't pick up the fact that all pre-'69 W100 Sweptlines were 114" wheel base trucks with the 8 lug D60/D44 axles along with HD 200 Series springs and 200 Series brake system.
      John
      yes the truck has a twin stick transfer case, and manual tranny.

Comment

Are you enjoying your Power Wagon, do you have any more questions we may be able to help you with?
        1967 W200.aka.Hank
        1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
        2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

Working...
        X