Backroad, truck hunting pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back Road Hunting

any one wants one come to western maine and i will take you to see and even buy one. i know where there is 5 and i have 1st on 2. i bought a 55 ff the other day by accident,they are out there,you just have to look.hope everyone had a good thanksgiving steve from maine

Comment

sign

hello jake your son did a real nice job on your sign steve from maine

Comment

looks good Jake .

When you find a supply of NOS windshield frames put me on the top of the list to help you move them .

Bruce

I will fire you some mail asap.

Comment

Thanks for the compliment Steve I'll pass it on to Kalib.
          I'll let you know if I run into a stash of windshield frames Bruce. That or I may have to commision a run of them from a supplier I know that can reproduce them in his metal shop.

Comment

Wind Sheild Frame

hello jake reproduced windsheild frames sounds like a great idea keep me informed of any progress on that, i would be very interested. ggreat idea and thanks steve from maine

Comment

If I do not find one soon I may cast one.

I really do not have the time for it . But I was considering making a buck and having one cast in Bronze. Things are going to get nuts tomorrow . I am selling my gasser NV4500 and picking up a diesel NV4500 instead . Hopefully all the parts are there and the people too . Now I get to load up my wifes van with the transmission .
              2 steps forward , 3 back , 4 forward , 2 back and on it goes .

Take care

Bruce

Comment

Here's a shot of my 1958,1952,1952 trucks in the back of my shop. We got an early start on winter this year so it looks like a white Christmass for us. The blue 58 is in nice condition and will eventually find a home inside the shop and under go a frame up restoration.
                Attached Files

Comment

Looking good Jake.

The check is in the mail.

Bruce

Comment

Hey Bruce.
                    How's the doors coming? Did you loose your power in the last snow storm? I heard u guys had quite the snow storm, along with power outages.
                    I just came in from my shop, and the floor heat seems to be working quite well. :) I finaly got it going.

Comment

Re: windshield frame

Hi Steve,

I did before the lower and the middle parts of the windshield frame. Since my windshield frame is rusted too, I'm considering making one, but if there's more interest I can manufacture more.
                      Thank you
                      Zoli

Originally posted by splummer View Post
                      hello jake reproduced windsheild frames sounds like a great idea keep me informed of any progress on that, i would be very interested. ggreat idea and thanks steve from maine

Comment

Hey Zoli,
                        Can you post a pic of the frame parts you manufactured? How much to make the lower frame part?
                        If you are able to make them I don;t think I'll make my own. I'm sure that there is a pent up demand for those parts.

Comment

Winshield frame

Hi Jake,

I went to check about the frame today.I found this piece, which is the middle of the roughing machining. I'm sure you are able to compaire it with the original. It's made of aluminium.
                          For efficient machining we have to have at least 50 order more is even better for better price. The complexity of the part requires lots of special tools. At this moment the machining is the easiest part, the bending is tricky. I believe whoever needs the lower portion of the frame that would be interested in the middle piece too and stamped sheetmetal on it. I never did these parts but I can make them.
                          Zoli

Originally posted by Jake View Post
                          Hey Zoli,
                          Can you post a pic of the frame parts you manufactured? How much to make the lower frame part?
                          If you are able to make them I don;t think I'll make my own. I'm sure that there is a pent up demand for those parts.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Aluminum windsheild frame

I am exploring the possibility of casting the frame from aluminum I'll let you know if this works out for me. I would also look at making them available for others if the cost is suitable and if the interest is there for them. If anyone has any opinions on a cast aluminum, media teated frame let me know.

Comment

Thanks Bruce

Nice art work on the envelope Bruce, I think you should post it for all the peaple on the forum to see.
                              Nice to see somebody as certifiably crazy about these dodges as I am. LoL.
                              P.S. I'll keeep my eyes peeled for a couple of the carryalls you need.

Comment

Hey jake that was a one off -you got the original

One of those quick sketches that I thought would add a smile to your day .
                                As to the window frame I think an extrusion may be the way to go . The trick would then be making a jig to bend the corners.
                                I am taking a break from the carryall at present - I hit a wall with the rear dana . So I am going to tinker on this and that and put all the extra transfer cases into storage. I am now looking for another dana before I decide what to do .

I need another source of income .

Bruce

Comment

Working...
                                X