Copper Nickle Brake Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copper Nickle Brake Line

I have been using this stuff to make lines for my '53 FFPW. Great stuff. No need for a bender. You can form it with your hands. The usual care is needed to avoid kinks, but it doesn't seem to be much of an issue. I got mine at Amazon.

A friend of mine likes the copper alloy line for his datsun 510's.. i have concerns about fatigue resitance in high vibration applications. Especially in a single line system.
    Make sure your lines are well supported with rubber covered eyelets. Every 20" or so.
    Be safe.

Comment

It feels a little flimsy to me but maybe OK

Comment

Several years ago they came out with the Poly Armour brake lines, most of them are green in color, I have been using them for quite some time. They seem to hold up well and are very easy to bend by hand. I normally pick them up from NAPA.
        1967 W200.aka.Hank
        1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
        2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

I use the Poly Armour lines too and I like them. My brake lines are all armored steel, but I made my vacuum lines out of Poly Armour and they bent up real nice. Easy to get at the local NAPA store.
          Greg Coffin
          Unrepentant Dodge Enthusiast

1951 Dodge M37 - Bone Stock
          1958 Dodge M37 - Ex-Forest Service Brush Truck
          1962 M37-B1 - Work in Progress
          1962 Dodge WM300 Power Wagon - Factory 251, 4.89s
          1944/1957 Dodge WM500T 6x6 Power Wagon - LA318-3, NP435, 5.83s, Power Steering, Undercab Power Brakes
          1974 Dodge W200 - 360/727, Factory Sno-Fighter Package

Comment

I'm using the CuNi lines on mine, in the 1/4" flavor though. Figured a little more diameter but with the same wall thickness, it would become a little more rigid. I don't mind it and actually its easy to work with and even has spoiled me. I flared a 3/16" steel line for a co-workers race car the other day, and did it by hand with a flare tool that I had been using for my 1/4" CuNi before getting my hydraulic flare tool, and man, it made me remember quickly how much harder the steel lines are.

My truck is going to see a good bit of beach time, and its already heavy salt air where I live, so I am thinking corrosion is going to be a big concern for me vs fatigue. <--- thats me jinxing myself. Callin it here.
            1942 WC53 Carryall in progress.

Comment

Working...
            X