It started 35 years ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It started 35 years ago

I got my 49 Powerwagon 35 years ago when I was 12 years old. It cost $100. I didn't have a liscense so I would drive it in the vacant lot next to my dad's office. My dad had a survey company and enough trucks so he had his own mechanic. I could use the mechanic shop when it wasn't busy. The mechanic was a big help.

I drove it for about 8 years, then my little brother drove it for a while after that. The motor burnt up and he parked it in a barn. I rebuilt the engine about 15 years ago, but never really got it running good until about a year ago. It was running so good I decided to pull the cab off to weld up the holes.

So now I have it apart again. I keep it at my office and work on it whenever I can sneak out for a few minutes. I am welding patches in the cab and going over the frame. I don't intend to make a show truck out of it, but would like to drive it in the rain and keep dry. I also want to paint it well enough that it doesn't rust away.

My family owns a farm. I will probably keep it there after I get it together. There are lots of mud roads.
Working...
X