mopar is great!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mopar is great!

well i started liking dodges when my dad bought a 94 ram 1500 adn always loved it but wasnt too old to really pay attention to it. the next truck he got was a 95 and he has had every year of dodge from 94 to 2001 and ever since the 94 i have just loved them then back around 96 i learned that my grandpa tha had passed a way had a 78 dodge bright orange camper special d 150. and sorta liked how that looked. but really pushed me into liking 1st gen dodges. my family was at a auction and there was this 91 dodge d350 cummins dually. he was backed up on this really high curb that was 1' 1/2 tall with only one of the dualls on the curb and one hangin. after that i fell in love with 1 st gens. when i was taking the final driving test for frivers ed to get my school permit we were driveing around thsi neighbor hood adn i saw an old lifted 3/4 ton. i asked my teacher if i could stop and ask how much he wanted for it. well after i passed the test that after noon my dad adn i came back adn got info on the truck. 1980 w200 2" body lift and 35" tires. ran okay. had some rust but it was repairable. $800 is all he wanted for it. bought it on the spot. found out that it was a 78 little red express cab and grill. same grill as my grandpa's which i love. and 3/4 ton 1980 front fenders and bed. teh motor went alittle quicker than we expected so now lookign for motor. but nwo i have tracked down the owner of that 91 dually cummins and hes selling it and debating if i want to maintain the second tallest truck in school and first largest tire in school or get the two wheel drive dually. or put the cummins in my 80. and now my familly has been owning mopars for the past 25 years and currently have 2001 dodge ram dads 2002 dodge durango 1996 jeeep cheroke and the biggest and loudest 1980 dodge ram w 200. adn thats what kinda started me on dodge/mopar

Funny how those first impressions stay with you forever....

My memories and the truck, are a little older than yours, but the enthusiasm is the same!

Comment

Sounds like a good start, iowa, and no doubt you're hooked for life. Nice part about it is if anybody gives you a bad time about your Dodge habit you can just explain, "It's hereditary. Runs in the family..." :~ )

Comment

yeah i think it is heredatary even know my grandma used to drag race late 60s and early 70s mustangs. but yeah my dad had all mopars. and im going to continue the tradition.

Comment

Working...
        X