New toy at home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New toy at home

Just wondering if anyone can help my 15 year old daughter identify her "new" toy? She just bought a Dodge Brothers Truck with the following numbers on the tag inside the drivers door 81409505 Model WF 21. Haven't looked at the motor number yet. Any help would be appreciated.

In 1946 and 1947 Dodge had a model WD-21, which was a 1 ton, 133" wheelbase with an L head six. I'll look for more info, does this truck have a Flat head six? Could that be the "F"??

I'll keep looking, as I remember seeing that designation somewhere! I did find a WF 32, it was a civilian sheetmetaled 4 WD Dodge troop carrier. Is this truck 4WD? I did find out that this series was built from 1941 to 1947. Do You have a picture?
    MN
    Last edited by MoparNorm; 09-01-2003, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Yes, it has a flat head six. I am including a picture(if I did it right) Need anything else just let me know. Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

There is a military truck in the woods on a farm near me which looks the same from the front (but with a brush guard) That has 900-20 tires and is a 1 1/2 ton truck. It looks like a civillian truck the miliitary converted over to their use before the real military trucks came on line. Does your truck have duals? Is there anything you are missing which That truck might have? Let me know, I would be happy to check. The farmer gave me the truck about 5 years ago. It has a manure spreader on the back which he will remove someday, then I can remove it, or just pick it apart where it sits.
        Thanks, Tim
        57 Power Wagon
        Numerous Power Wagon parts trucks!
        57 W-100
        60 W-100
        51 M37
        61 Triumph TR-3A
        80 Triumph Spitfire
        09 Dodge Ram 2500HD
        05 Subaru Outback
        10 speed bike
        Hiking Boots

Sumus quod sumus

Comment

Truck identification

The front end of your truck is certainly a 'W' series (WC- is 1/2 ton, WD-15 is 3/4 ton, WD-20 and WD-21 are 1 tons). If the wheels are 6-lug, Budd style with 7.50X16 tires, and if the box is 9-feet long stepside style, then you have a WD-21 truck. A side view of the truck will be very helpful in making a better identification of it.

Comment

Niecey,
            Your WF-21 is a 1946 or 47 Dodge. The headlight placement is one of the give aways, but your serial number indicates late 46 or early 47. Earlier Dodges had the headlights about 4" more inboard. These "Job Rated Era" Dodges are the most highly prized in the collectors market.
            Take a look at my image event album,"Job Rated"

MN
            Last edited by MoparNorm; 09-05-2003, 12:21 AM.

Comment

47 White Extended Cab

Hey Norn,
              Tell me/us something about that baby, what a great job of custom work! Is it a marriage of two cabs or pure fabrication?

Comment

It is a dually. It currently has no bed. Here is a picture of it from the passsenger side at a distance. I'm in the process of taking some better pictures. Thanks for the help.

BTW: Truck is not 4wd.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by niecey; 09-05-2003, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Bruce

I don't know much about that truck, it was on e-bay and I thought it had nice workmanship, even if it wasn't a PW ha!ha!
                  MN

Comment

If I remember right, it was mounted on a chevy s-10 chassis. Kurt

Comment

Working...
                    X