A long wait-15 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A long wait-15 years

My family had some GM and Chrysler cars growing up. No trucks. My grandfather had a service station in Kansas and was a big Chrysler fan, but I did not have any brand favorite at that time.

It started for me with reading the May 1987 edition of Country Journal magazine. They had a great (now classic) article about the "Legendary Dodge Power Wagon" in it by the author and farmer Donald McCaig. WOW, I was totally impressed, even though I had never before seen a flat fendered power wagon, much less a Townie or the W series from the late 50's and 60's. I was only familiar with the "named" ones of the 70's and 80's, which seemed like just a pickup truck with a badge to dress it up.

That is when I started to get interested, occasionally going to shows that had them, and last year I finally bought one that had a frame off restoration just started. So, I was kind of forced to continue that way; I haven't been able to really enjoy it yet. But one thing I learned from having kids (and being a Christian), is patient endurance. I will "get there", working on it gradually and steadily.

Both Gordon, and Dave Butler were quoted in the Country Journal article. Any chance of reprinting it on the PWA forum?

I have several copies of that magazine that I purchased because it was such a neat thing. As for the reprint idea, I can explore that, but I think their copyrights will prevent it, unless they choose to give permission.

Let me explore the situation. The article has some good photos, too, as I recall.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Working...
    X