1952 M37

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1952 M37

This is my 1952 M37... rebuiding the engine and about to disassemble the cab and bed to sandblast and paint the frame..will be running this summer...i hope

http://community.webshots.com/album/135193681etMuez
    Last edited by Swirvin5; 04-19-2004, 02:24 PM.

52M37

Swirvin5,
    Looks like an ex-fire truck. If so, they usually are in good shape. You won't regret taking those pics during this stage of the rebuild. Keep the momentum up and the pics coming. It is good inspiration for a lot of us.

Comment

52 M37

It was an old fire truck for a little volunteer fire dept. It was in great shape when i got it. Absolutly no rust what so ever. I was really surprised. It has been well taken care of. I hope to give as much care as everyone else has along the way. Thanks for the intrest in my truck, i love to talk about it.

Comment

Re: 52M37

Originally posted by Warren Watt
        You won't regret taking those pics during this stage of the rebuild. Keep the momentum up and the pics coming. It is good inspiration for a lot of us.

Yes....
        Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

52M37

swirvin5,
          It looks like the usual spots that rust out are in good shape on yours. Places like the windshield frame bottoms, front fenders under the headlight guards, lower cab between the door and fender, etc.
          I too own a 52 M37. It came from Uncle Sam to SouthEastern Equipment Co. to Air Power Co. to me. Air Power used it to haul dynamite loads to remote locations until the law changed in VA. Then it hauled several tons of back fill gravel at a time to the remote locations where the right-of -way blasting was done.
          It has been a long time trying to learn and get it back into shape but I'm patient. I just got a digital camera, so I'll post some pics soon.

Comment

52 M37

Sounds like you have a good one also. I just got a digital camera too and love to use it. Post some of your pics i would love to see what you got.

jeff

Comment

There are many others.

Jeff,

I am located in Pulaski, about 2 hours north of you. Others here reside in Decatur, Athens, and Columbia.

If you need anything feel free to let us know.

You can e-mail me at m37@bellsouth if you like.

What community did your truck come from?

It looks great.

Would you be attending the Southern Power Wagon Rally in Signal Mountain, TN?

Terry

Comment

M37 1952

Thanks Jeff,
                I did get the best of 3 M-37's that AirPower sold. My friends bought the other 2. we had some good times together. stand by for the pics. I am learning how to post them, etc. Like everything else in my life "baby steps"......

Comment

Working...
                X