Poppin' light to light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poppin' light to light

It all started when I was a senior in High School. My convertible mustang blew out it's tranny late in the summer. My father being a "strictly Dodge" guy let me drive his 77 Warlock for the year while he rode his motorcycle and drove my step-moms Ford (She love's her Fords). He had a beefy 318 four barrel with weed killer dual exhaust in his 2x4 step-side warlock. It had been repainted a very dark blue but the inside was still black with the gold pinstriping. That winter I never ran across a car I couldn't beat light to light. The truck didn't go any faster than about 90 but it got there very fast. I even got the best of a blown vett for two blocks, then he passed me. I absolutely loved that truck. My dad sold it about a year later after I got my mustang back up and running. I tried to buy it from him but he wouldn't let me make payments. So he sold it to some idiot kid for $1100.00 who proceeded to beat the **** out of it. I saw it for sale a couple years later and offered the guy $600 but he wouldn't take it. Another year later I test drove it at somebody else's house for $800 but it was in very sad shape. It had been wrecked, it didn't steer well anymore, the dual exhaust was gone, same with the 4bbl- back to 2. I would have liked to buy it back and restore it but it was more project than I could take on at that time. So I lost it.

Since then I have had another 77 2x4 only a LB, I had a 78 4x4 SB, a 79 Club Cab Power Wagon LB with all the options (now it belongs to my grandpa) and am now selling my 99 Quad Cab Dodge in hopes of getting my new house with my Fiance and possibly purchasing a 66 4 door, 4x4. The Wife-To-Be likes older trucks better than newer trucks too, so I know I got the right gal. Now I gotta find the right truck!
Working...
X