X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my first town wagon

Hello all. I just picked up my 64 TW. Here is a link to a couple of photos:
    http://s384.photobucket.com/albums/o...0Town%20Wagon/

The data plate shows its a "special" rear axle - anybody have any ideas on this?

It has the 225 slant 6 and the 435 4spd. Couldn't get it started right away, but it looks like it won't be too hard to get running. Seems like there has been some work done. I think I might turn it into a super 6 down the road.

Found a good amount of spare parts in the back, including a few goodies (extra carb and parts, extra chrome letters, new plugs, cables, wiper motor and switch, etc.).

I won't have much time to work on it until next year as I am headed to Iraq for a year-long tour. I can't wait to get back to work on it. This is going to be a great project for my 2 sons and I. It will be my first restoration project.

I am looking at getting a 62 and cobbling the 2 together as the passenger side quarter panel has some cancer.

I would also like to change this into a 4wd down the road. I have been trolling the site (along with others) that say the best way to convert is to find a 4wd chassis and drive train and switch bodies.

My question is will any W100 pickup work as long as its a 114" wb? If so, I think it would be much easier to find a p/u rather than a 4x4 TW.

I welcome your ideas and comments, thanks guys!

- Mark

Looks like a good start if this is your 1st project I would just concentrate on getting up and running and keep it simple and have some fun doing the work with your kids.

Comment

Working...
    X