M152 Cdn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M152 Cdn

1955 M152 Cdn. Held in National Reserve War Stocks until its release and sale in the late 70s. All original never modified 7K miles on odometer.
    Attached Files

M152

My M152 has a bracket for the generator on the right front fender, and the exhaust runs up behind the passenger door to above the roof. Is this just with mine or is there something else different between them. Do you have an entenna mast of the driver's side, as I have one? My truck was a radio truck, so what was yours as this may be why there are differences.

David

Comment

David,
      Greetings! My truck is really vanila. The exhaust riser is for the main engine, the chore horse generator having it's own exhaust which came in a long flexable metal tube with what we called a sprinkler head on it.. it was usually buried in a rock pit to silence the geny, and the other exhaust was a shorty sprinkler head for driving or other apps. Brackets, where just one was mounted generally went on the right side but many HQ trucks mounted two, one on each fender. The hinged antenna mast was a pipe that was usually mounted on the passenger's side but again there were a lot of variations. AMUs were mounted on the back right and again just behind the passengers door and often on/near the bumper area ... and all other corners and mounting places.
      As I stated earlier, my truck was held in National Stock and sold out from CFB Shilo because of a reportedly cracked block. It has at one time been equiped with a radio but not the full installation that 1Sigs RRB or Bn HQ trucks like LDSH or PPCLI would have had.
      Are there any markings on your truck that might indicate its service use? What is its history?

Cheers
      JD

Comment

Working...
      X