X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 tone paint POWER GIANT

My 1957 W100 came w/ 2 tone paint Ecuador Blue & Sahara Beige
    anyone else have a 2 tone Power Giant?

I am currently restoring a 58 PG that was originally Ponchatrain Green and Sahara Beige. Someone over that years had repainted it black and white but I will be returning it to the factory paint scheme. Is the inside of your cab all Sahara Beige? This truck was involved in a fire and the cab was burned out but I do have a few clues that it was beige inside. I'm replacing the cab and front sheet metal due to the fire damage. I've not seen a blue PG as most that have come here are green. Can you post a picture of your truck? Tim Holloway in VT has painted his 57 W200 in red and beige and it's a sharp looking truck.

Comment

I have a 60 d300 that was red and beige and the interior is all beige. My 59 w200 was green and the interior paint is green

Comment

Yes, the interior is Sahara Beige dash doors the whole inside for that matter

Comment

Love to post a pic but bottom says I may not post attachments
          Ponchatrain & Sahara Beige will relly look great. How far along are you.

Comment

I have a ways to go yet. I've been working on the bedsides, replaced the bed angles and working out dents. The chassis is degreased and ready for final clean and paint. I'm painting the engine tomorrow. The replacement cab is on a cart and waiting it's turn for bodywork. I'm anxious to do a two tone on this truck because all the others I've done have been single color trucks. Send a picture to me and I'll give it a shot for posting, 59redtruck@verizon.net

Comment

Hurry up already I'd like to see it! I don't want to sound "christine " like but 2 tone all of them. How many do you have?
              I've known the the truck I've had since new. First I remember seeing it was @ the county fair, which coincidently starts tomorrow. 57 was a great year for Dodge in my hometown, but only 1 W100. My dad sold DODGES. Power wagons weren't common certainly not the non flat fender jobs. There were always flat fenders around I remember when my dad took me to the Dodge truck center in Mpls in 58, a shiny new red flat fender 58 Power wagon on the showroom floor

Comment

Ro, heck I've been trying to sent you 2 tone pics but it bounced 4 times. I would like to forward them to you

Comment

Horace, I don't know what the problem might be try it again 59redtruck@verizon.net

Comment

I don't know how many photos you tried to send to Ron, at one time. You might want to try and attach just one photo to each email. I have had some emails with too many attachments bounce back from time to time. Some email accounts limit the amount/size of attachments a person can receive at one time.
                    Jeff

Comment

Unless it's more than 10 I've never had a problem receiving pictures with my DSL account. Beyond that I have no idea what the problem would be. I'll be waiting for the pictures.

Comment

I've tried sending the blue truck multipe times 7 ways. I've never had difficulty befor even tried my good old windows 98 they bounced,too.
                        I had the on a thread something like what was your 1st Dodge or 1st Power Wagon some time ago. I sure want to help. You probably have your computer blocking all red neck messages

Comment

Those were YOUR trucks. I did get those it was the name that threw me. Sorry I didn't get a chance to reply. The 57 looks great by the way.

Comment

Thank you. How come it says I can't post attachments? Can you put those former posts on this thread? Thanks The two tone really brings out the lines & body style

Comment

Horace,

If you want to email me the pic I can post it here for you...

kevscarvedsigns@comcast.net

Comment

Working...
                              X