Need some Part #'s line size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some Part #'s line size

I finally began work my w200. First I want to get the brakes done I should be able to get the shoes, wheel cylinders and rubber hoses at NAPA.
    Anyone know what size the brake line/ tube is will be using lengths of tubing) also looking for information on the seals for front and rear drums inner and outer. If anyone has part # I can just order it when I get the brake parts.
    The axle nuts look like 2-1/2" could not find a socket in my mess so I used the alternate removal method but would like to use correct tools does a standard socket fit or do I need a thin wall or special tool.
    Thanks Ed

I just picked up seals for my rear axle from Napa the other day. The rear seal numbers are 28116, 20766,gasket 4390. Napa will have the front seals also. I have one but the number is at the shop. I got a 2 1/2" thin wall socket at Napa for the axle nuts and had to do some grinding on the outer edge to get it to fit inside the hub. It didn't take much and it has to be the 6 point socket,they have two different sockets. You'll see if you get one that it JUST about fits. There is still plenty of meat left at the corners to do the job. As for brake line I believe 1/4" but the new wheel cylinders will tell you what you need. When you have your drums turned have the new shoes arced to fit. It really makes a difference. Are you replacing the master cylinder also to go with all the new parts? John Giedl has MC's with stainless sleeves for sale.

Comment

Ron, Thanks for the part #'s and socket info. I will replace the mc also, I like to replace all brake parts one thought I just had by the mc there is a rubber hose does it need to be replace or just run the tubing to the mc. As for the stainless insert they are good but I will most likely be going with the dot 5 silicone have done about a 1/2 dozen vehicles with it over the years and no complaints.

Comment

I would replace the hose, it's up to you if you run a hard line right to the MC. I'd do like a lot of trucks and make a loop to take care of any vibration or flexing. About every PG I've worked on needed the front brake hoses. No matter how hard I'd push on the brake pedal I couldn't get fluid to the front wheel cylinders. The hoses are about $18 at Napa I think.

I've taken off to many axle nuts with the hammer/chisel method that I finally broke down and got the proper socket. Now I can set the nuts to spec instead of guessing. Did you find any front fenders yet? I haven't seen any pop up myself but I'll let you know if they do.

Comment

I see if they have the mc brake hose if not just will go with the tubing loop. I did scrounge up a left fender no rust damage but a few dents still looking for a right.

Comment

Working...
          X