auto trans power wagon power giant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• auto trans power wagon power giant

About the time I retired, 4 yrs ago there was a Power Wagon Power Giant 58 or 59 on ebay w/Loadflite(auto trans). Any one have it or are there any auto trans 50's Power Wagons about?

Auto trans power giant power wagon

Hi,

I have a 58 W-100 that was advertised on E-bay about that time frame. Bought it outside of Yankton SD. Has factory loadflight w/315 V-8, it is 2-tone aqua and white. Curently restoring it. Don't know of any others.

Jerry Johnson
    Ohio

Comment

Most literature I've come across lists 1970 as the first year for the availability of the automatic transmission in a Dodge Power Wagon.

Comment

The 3 speed "loadflight" push button was available starting in 1957 on W100 and W200 but only with trucks equipped with a V-8.

Same thing in 1958,, only on trucks with a V-8, and they also offered it in the W300 (first year for the W300) but again only behind a V-8. Same with 1959 and 1960.

I have the literature to prove this, but I dont have working scaner right now.

It seams to be a pretty rare option, but they are around. I have a 1959 W200 with the push button auto trans. I also have a 1959 D300 push button auto, and a 1960 D300 push button auto trans. I have seen a few other W-series 1957-1960 with the push button auto, mostly in the W100's and W200's, and have heard about one 1958 W300 push button auto trans truck.

Matt

Comment

Sorry to have bid you up on that 58, I was really interested in it. As I recall the driveshaft was unhooked?? When you finish it you can sell it to me, ok. I was thinking it was a 2 tone. Did it have any other spashy extrs like ashtray, cigar lighter or arm rest ??
          712 57 was the 1st year for loadflite 3 spd auto in a power wagon

I remember my dad sold a 2 wheel 54 or 55 w/ power flite auto w 2 tone & of course there was the the 3 & 4 spd fluid drives in the early 50's

Comment

Originally posted by horace View Post
            712 57 was the 1st year for loadflite 3 spd auto in a power wagon
            Was it available from 61 thru 69? Don't seem to hear of them.

Comment

Loaoad flite was available in @ least some of the 61-69 years. I'd have to check my lit or old parts books. Auto trans PU were not common especially
              in PW until 72-74. Fast forward to say 2000(BACK TO THE FUTURE) from Power Giants, try to find a manual except maybe a Dodge diesel!!
              I'll look it up but it may be awhile have some other time consuming issues

Comment

auto trans power wagon power giant

No problem Horace----I didn't buy it off the ebay listing, negotiated a price later that satisfied his "reserve". The transmission was "toast" from being towed without disconnecting the driveshaft. Completely rebuilt the transmission after getting another cast iron torqueflight for parts off a bone pile at a junkyard near here and getting the rest we needed out of Oregon. Engine had already been rebuilt, so we lucked out there.

Truck has most of the options that I know about such as front bumper guards, custom cab, side mount spare, ash tray, visors, arm rests. Doesn't have power steering or brakes or the roof mount radio.

Jerry
                Ohio

Comment

Jerry,,

Is this the truck your talking about? the one you bought outside of Yankton SD?

I looked at that truck when Steve still lived in Wy, before he moved to SD. I was thinking about buying it before he listed it on ebay, but never did.

Last time I talked to Steve, I asked him where that truck ended up and he said he could not remember who he had sold it to. I hope we are talking about the same truck? Kind of sounds like it to me?

Later matt

Comment

Matt--

Yes, that's my truck. It looks a little better now that it has a new factory rear bumper, front bumper and guards are straightened out (originally had four bumper guards!), replaced both rear fenders, replaced the tailgate and so forth but still have lots to do but there isn't any rust thru.

I talked to the owner that had it before Steve. He bought from a police impound lot in Wyoming for $150 which included a riding mower sitting in the bed. He used the mower the same day he bought the truck so he was pleased with his purchase!

Jerry

Comment

Working...
                    X