Need parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need parts?

I've made friends with a man who owns a junk yard and can get many 70's and 80's model full size p/u parts for free (emblems, window glass, door handles, etc.) and many others for next to nothing. I got a great seat and two flawless bumpers for $20 and 6...count 'em, SIX Dana 60 axles for $100 (those are mine forever, mwaahahahaha). If anybody needs anything for their truck like hoods, fenders, tailgates, grilles, engine parts, axles or even smaller stuff like stock radios, steering wheels, you name it, I can probably help and more likely than not get it for free.

To keep the vultures at bay I'm reserving this stuff for the regulars and site admin., especially the guys who help me out when I ask questions. You know who you are.

That's a very good offer you've put out here. Any chance of the POWER WAGON hood emblems for a 70's truck with a bird bath hood ? Also we could use clutch and brake pedal pads if any are in useable shape. Thanks again.

Comment

Wow,
      I could really use a radiator core support and fenders, but that stuff is too big for shipping.
      but I have two trucks with bad speedometers, 77 & 78 both are mph only (0-100 mph)

Ron just seen those hood emblems new on ebay
      under 'powerwagon'

Comment

Breaks out the dig cam and starts to pull all the parts I have as extras (more then 2 sets). But that is for a different thread.

Really nice of you to post this. Would make many of us Dodge project in progress really happy to help find some of these parts at a deal. I know I have been collecting parts here and there when I can get my hands on them.

Comment

I've got my list and I'll take a walk tomorrow. I know I can get the pedal pads. How many do you need of each? I don't recall seeing the hood emblems you're looking for, but I'll take a second look. I saw those on ebay, too. If you're going to bid let me know so I don't drive the price up on you.

I can get the fenders and support, too. I'm sure we can work out a way to get it to you. We'll just have to brainstorm. The only speedos I remember seeing were on 80's models trucks (whole gauge clusters in perfect condition). If these will work I'll pull them tomorrow.

I'll check the thread again tomorrow before I go, so if you fellas think of anything else you might want, put in your request and I'll pull what I can find.

Comment

wiring harnessesez? 74 360 manual

and the ever elusive drivers side utiline running board. for a 9 ft bed 32.5 inch not 29inch
            Please
            Last edited by 74w300uteline; 02-20-2008, 10:38 PM. Reason: forgot to say the magic word

Comment

[QUOTE=mopar.bo;54791]I've got my list and I'll take a walk tomorrow. I know I can get the pedal pads. How many do you need of each? I don't recall seeing the hood emblems you're looking for, but I'll take a second look. I saw those on ebay, too. If you're going to bid let me know so I don't drive the price up on you.

Really only need one good set if you find some, extras would be great too. No I'm not bidding on any thing right now. Thanks and good hunting. I always had good times hunting in junk, er vehicle recycling centers LOL.

Comment

I missed the yard today. Merle Haggard said it best: "Hey, hey, workin' man, workin' man like me..." The boss-man worked me like a Thai prost...uh, mule.

I'm off tomorrow so I'll get out there for sure. Sorry, fellas.

Silver lining: Y'all can add to your lists this evening.

Comment

I too find that pesky day job getting in the way when I have important truck issues to deal with LOL. With this 74 W300 I have here that belongs to 74W300Uteline, we'd like to switch it over to tubeless rims. It curently has split rings on it with 7:50x16 tires and with the difficulty in finding someone to change them we need tubeless rims. If you come accross any 8 lug rims with 5/8" lugs and 4 7/8" center hole we could use 6 for a dually. The bolt pattern is 6 1/2" centers also. I tried a rim from my '01 dually but the lugs are smaller in diameter. I had to use a 1 5/16" socket to remove the lugnuts. I don't know what if any truck used tubeless rims with 5/8" lugs other than 1 tons. Some Ferd rims will work if the lugs are that size but they have to be offset dually rims. Any thing you can do is appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron in Indiana View Post
                    I too find that pesky day job getting in the way when I have important truck issues to deal with LOL. With this 74 W300 I have here that belongs to 74W300Uteline, we'd like to switch it over to tubeless rims. It curently has split rings on it with 7:50x16 tires and with the difficulty in finding someone to change them we need tubeless rims. If you come accross any 8 lug rims with 5/8" lugs and 4 7/8" center hole we could use 6 for a dually. The bolt pattern is 6 1/2" centers also. I tried a rim from my '01 dually but the lugs are smaller in diameter. I had to use a 1 5/16" socket to remove the lugnuts. I don't know what if any truck used tubeless rims with 5/8" lugs other than 1 tons. Some Ferd rims will work if the lugs are that size but they have to be offset dually rims. Any thing you can do is appreciated.
                    There are no duallies on the lot, but he has umpteen Fords (more than 2 dealerships...wonder why? LOL). I'll check those and the bigger Mopars for the fronts, though.

I want to remind everyone to take a peek at your battery pans. Often these are among the first parts to corrode and, in my experience, the hardest to find at a reasonable price. There are only two or three left that I can snatch, so step right up, folks and get 'em while the gettin's good. You can bet the farm I got mine.

Comment

Hay Ron' if rims are hard to find

What do you think about chrome spinner rims and a coffee can muffler? maybe make her a lowrider? I promise I won't follow to close when we caravan to Iowa. I've been looking at my work schedule, attending your rally has moved from no way to slight maybe.

Comment

You want the little dog with the head that bobs up and down on the dash too, man. Cool and we can get the dingle balls fringe for the cab man oh sweet. Low and slow yeah man that's the ticket. In the words of Al Borland, "I don't think so Tim".

I figure I'll give you a running start to Iowa and still pass you LOL. Kevin is thinking about coming out too so maybe you guys can hook up. He's not sure either. 35 and counting right now.

Comment

Ok, fellas, PM me your addresses and what you asked for and I'll let you know what I got for you and get that stuff shipped out early next week.

Now for the second round...what else do you guys need?

I got some prospector badges, a horn button with the penta-star and a pair of sun visors in great shape if anybody needs them. If not, they're goin' on ebay.

Comment

Ron

I have just ebayed a set of brake and clutch pedal pads, and a set of power wagon hood emblems. When they arrive I'll ship em out to you.

Comment

Busy, busy, busy, folks. I didn't forget about y'all. I'll get the parts sent out tomorrow evening provided I have your addresses. You should get them in 3 or 4 days, I reckon.

I got the pedal pads (two sets), so I guess you've got 3 sets now.

Does anybody need prospector badges?

Comment

Working...
                              X