Bad accident, a power wagon "family" member -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad accident, a power wagon "family" member -

Wayne Hillenbrand, who posts as "Wayne H" on the Forum, of the Annapolis, MD area was critically injured in a tree felling accident on Thursday.
    Wayne was cutting a large tree down on his property and it got hung up on another tree as it started to fall. Those of you who have felled trees know that this is a dangerous situation. In the process of getting it down, the butt section snapped out sideways and hit him in the face. By some miracle he was able to make his way back to the house and dial 911. His wife was at work and did not know what happened until later when she found all the blood in the house. He is in the U of MD trauma center and he has had one operation already for stabilizing his neck vertebrae which were damaged, and is due another for his facial fractures later today.
    Wayne and his wife need all the prayers they can get at this time. It is likely going to be a very long road back for Wayne.
    Wayne is a super guy, always willing to help anyone out. Now he needs our prayer help.

I've never met Wayne but will pray he can make a full and speedy recovery. I do a lot of felling and sawing and know that it is a very dangerous job and a guy really has to be on his toes at all times. Very sad to hear a fellow Power Wagon friend is going thru this. Hope his wife is doing alright as well, sounds like a bad deal the way she found out about it.

Comment

I will be keeping him and his family in all my thoughts.

Thank you for letting all of us know Dave.
      1967 W200.aka.Hank
      1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
      2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

Have you received any updates on Wayne?

John

Comment

It has been 13 days since the accident. They have a Caring Bridge site set up now.
          Wayne has made a rather miraculous recovery it appears. He still has a long way to go to be "back". He apparently was very close to death at the initial shock trauma evaluation.
          He has complete mental competence, and he is starting to be able to move his arms and legs again, which he could not do 7 days ago.
          He thanked everyone for all that they have done and are doing. He is such a patriotic person; he noted that his brother mentioned how ironic it is that he was nearly killed by a tree, when he has served our country in the war zones of the middle east in very dangerous situations there.
          Wayne asked in closing that we limit the sympathy for him and to focus on our wounded warriors who are serving now in harms way.
          I have not seen him yet, but when his wife says it is "time" I will try and get up there and report to all.

Comment

Glad to hear he is improving and on the way to getting back on his feet.

Comment

This is some very amazing news Dave. Thank you for sharing!
              1967 W200.aka.Hank
              1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
              2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

Working...
              X