Not mine. Military PW f/s in N Tx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not mine. Military PW f/s in N Tx

I have noticed this on the side of the road the last few times I have driven to my folk's.

I don't know what it is or who is selling it. The phone numbers on the f/s sign on the grill don't show up in the picture & I didn't write them down, but I have relatives in the area who could get them it someone is interested. I think the asking price on the sign was $5500.

It doesn't appear to have all of the glass. Seat is a non original bucket. Exhaust appears to be new. Drivetrain seems original/unmodified just by crawling under it. I didn't open the hood or doors.

Bucky
    Attached Files

Picture of rear of truck.
    Based on what I see it's a running driving vehicle.

Bucky
    Attached Files

Comment

It's a WWII 1-1/2 ton Chevy. They are neat trucks.
      Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Thanks Gordon. It doesn't have any markings or badging, so as I would fly by at 75 mph I'd say to myself "Is that some sort of PW, or another brand?"

Even both my uncle & my Dad (both Viet Nam vets) have asked me if I had spotted "that ol military power wagon on Hwy 82".

Upon actually looking at it, I thought to myself "those are odd looking axle housings", but just chalked it up to it being military.

I admit, I am not schooled at all on the military rigs. Some I can tell are Dodges. Some I can't. And if it's not (and not a jeep) I'm usually at a loss as to what they are.

I hope it finds a home.

Bucky

Comment

G506 if you want to do any looking. It looks VERY similar to the Dodge 1/2 ton WC12's with the rounded cab and raked hood. Understandable to see the confusion

Comment

Working...
          X