Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doc Dave View Post
    I know she has good taste in trucks...but Norm as a husband??? haha
    BTW my '52 is over at the body and paint shop now. I hope to duplicate the look of the truck that Tina is in.
    PPG mixed it up for me, they call it "Surf Blue" .
    I did all the metal finishing and priming, etc., myself. A long job.
    Darn, I was hoping they'd call it "Smurf Blue", would have been cooler. But then maybe I'm just showing my age (or lack thereof).

In any event that is a great color and a beautiful truck. I keep using it as the poster child for my project. Might have to find that Smurf blue color so we don't have too many of them running around though.

Comment

Chevron blue. What else?

I really need to take a picture of her by the beach somewhere.

I don't know of too many powerwagons in Hawaii.

Comment

How about this one? Is it still around?

http://www.hotrodscustomstuff.com/PowerWagon-01.html
        Attached Files

Comment

I just got the sheet metal back from the painter. I am very pleased with my decision to "outsource" the topcoating.
          Here is the Dodge truck blue that PPG formulated for me.
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice Doc Dave, Now I'm feeling inadequate.
            Last edited by Bruce; 10-15-2008, 08:49 PM. Reason: more cyphering

Comment

Thanks Bruce,
              Here is the cab. I am trying to finish all the sheet metal before it gets cold. THen I will finish the brake bleeding and install the cab and body.
              Attached Files

Comment

Paint'n My Butt Off

Doing the same thing here, weather has just about run out! I will try & take some foto's tomorrow.

Comment

Kevin

That powerwagon is on the Island of Hawaii I believe, I have never seen it here on Oahu. It sure is a nice retro job.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                    Doing the same thing here, weather has just about run out! I will try & take some foto's tomorrow.
                    I know what you mean, it's just now getting cool enough to paint out here.....= )

Comment

Paint Scheme?

Today was perfect, but I wasn't ready, welding some patch panels in/on the bed. I have the wkend plus Monday, one out of three should be ok/good.
                      I guess I could increase the reducer, what do you think Norm?

Comment

Bruce,
                        I know with my PPG paints and supplies, they have different reducers depending on the temperature. They have a "fast" reducer to use when it is between 60 and 70. They also have a fast hardener for the same temp range.
                        I painted the other day when it was about 59 degrees with such products.

Comment

Gilespie Coatings

I'm also using Martin Seniour's products aka; NAPA hardener & reducer, sounds like a plan, thanks DD!

Comment

Draggin it back! It popped up as a 'new post', so someone else must have voted too.

That's OK, as I hadn't seen this thread yet. Our PW was red in '68 when my dad bought it, then he painted it a 'glossy' OD w/black trim.

I really like the dark blue, and think it looks great on the old PW's.

She needs a bath! My dad dug out some old pics, of when he fixed it up and painted last. (This pic from last summer) I'm still working on scanning them, so I can post some of them up.

Comment

Paint Scheme

Hey Hill, Bill E.,
                              Good looking rig, looks like she's still working hard? Looking forward to more pic's.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                                Hey Hill, Bill E.,
                                Good looking rig, looks like she's still working hard? Looking forward to more pic's.
                                Thanks! We 'retired' it from plow duty in the mid '80's. Still have the 9' wide blade for it. The blade weighs 600 pounds! And has steel casters, instead of 'skids'.

We keep it in the barn at the cabin, it's been stored inside since my dad built his polebarn at home, back in '72 or '73.

We pull it out at least once a year, and fire it up. Drive it to the end of the cabin driveway and back, about 3/4 mile total.

Hoping to get to the restore soon, but we have a couple of CJ2A's that we're working on right now.

But it has under 60K original miles on it, and everything works good, except for the brakes. So other than finding a nice box and the back running boards, and the interior 'trim', it should be a fairly straight forward restore.

Comment

Working...
                                X