1947 wdx complete overhaul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Two questions. Where did you get your seats and what if any performance mods are you doing to your 5.9

Comment

seat are corbeau racing , think I bought them from poly performance not sure since I originally had them in a different truck . the engine has mild cam , new heads , roller tip rockers , short tube headers , swapped out the barrel keg intake for edelbrock intake and will run fitech fuel injection

Comment

Very nice work and I like the look of it. Hope your knee is healed and at 100%.

Comment

Knocked out some dents on the radiator shell then got the opening lined up so I can turn the cap . Thinking I may frame out the grill and run some perforated but with bigger holes , what do you guys think

Comment

ended up getting the holley sniper for Christmas so should have this thing running by the end of the month
              decided to outboard the lower coilover mounts a bit more that I originally had them and just about done with everything on the interior . Also found a good set of emblems for a decent price , although may go on my town wagon since that's what they were meant for

Comment

made a replacement glove box door

Comment

crazy how much tires change the look of the truck :D. didn't think they would work but they actually measured shorter than 42's so worked in my favor , just had to cut the bars off the tire carrier to get the spare to fit .

Comment

It is looking better every day, It excites me to get into the shop and work on my WDX.
                    1967 W200.aka.Hank
                    1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
                    2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

thanks I appreciate that. Well plans have changed as far as leaving the body the way it is but ended up getting a new hood that fits much better only its a different color . now the plan is to get it blasted and painted we are leaning towards gray or blue possibly a matte color.

already been approached by a friend who is an editor for offroad magazine and wants to put it in a magazine :) . I know its not a true to form power wagon so if you guys have thoughts of the way the article should be directed let me know and I can pass it on

Comment

Shoot me an e mail, b1pw1948@earthlink.net.

I would be willing to give you a hand and share ideas with you.
                        1967 W200.aka.Hank
                        1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
                        2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

just about everything is ready with body work and paint and was able to get the cab put back on .now for some re assembly in the next couple of weeks and then hopefully out for some test runs . im looking for the hood emblems repop are fine , I have a set from a power giant but not sure if I want to use them on this yet

Comment

got the powerwagon running :) now i just need to figure out how to put the internals on the doors back together with glass
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-ID8U0HTgA

Comment

Very nice vehicle. Good luck on the door internals I hope they fall into place for you.

Comment

thanks , its always fun trying to put something together that you did not take apart so its like a frustrating puzzle sometimes haha

Comment

Working...
                                X