No announcement yet.

1947 wdx complete overhaul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well turns out i had what they call a bakers cyst on my knee that ended up rupturing . doc still hasn't ruled out a tare but gave me a cortozone shot for now to see if that will take care of swelling and let the body absorb the fluid from the rupture. for now no heavy lifting , kneeling or going up and down ladders ,so in the mean time taking it easy doing little stuff
    got the steering column put in but ended up having to offset it a little to clear the headers and still was a tight squeeze

Comment

got more done today and im running out of room in the cab , had to end up bending the shifter so it not in the passenger seat in 1st gear . also swapped out the single u joint for a double and added another support which gave me a little more clearance

didn't like the way the shifter turned out so went to the junkyard and pulled another , modified the shift gate and added the shift knob

Comment

so far knee isnt too serious (no surgery) but still waiting on the swelling to go down then i can start fully walking and putting weight on it, ive been using a roller chair in the garage so i can take the weight off which has been helping . I was able to get the the rest of the cross members finished up and made trans skid along with t-case skid . also got the return and supply fuel lines ran just need to get a pump and filter

Comment

Comment

The more I see this, the more I like it. What is your wheelbase?
            1967 W200.aka.Hank
            1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
            2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

thanks , wheelbase is at 114" didnt want to go any longer than that and couldnt go any shorter because of how short the driveshaft would be . I did get a few more things done , got some headlight buckets installed then took the body back off (for the last time hopefully ) and fabbed side mount for np205 . also made sliders with a step for the wife and a thin skid plate

Comment

Comment

few things left to do then complete tear down , clean up and paint or powdercoat

http://vid190.photobucket.com/albums...psgsutwr6j.mp4

Comment

Comment

Nice!
                      I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
                      Will
                      WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
                      1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
                      1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
                      1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
                      2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

got the frame back from powder coat , also cleaned up the axles and painted those along with all the links . pretty much done with the assembly on the bed and drive train minus driveshafts . next step is get the wiring laid out for lights in the back , fuel pump , speedo and over drive

Comment

Comment

got the wiring pretty much all done in the bed and under the cab so went ahead and put the cab back on then got the radiator support secured down . started on the wiring in the engine bay , got the reservoir mounted and made some mounts for turn signals . figured while i had it out to clean up the garage id get some better pics , sitting on the bump stops right now

Comment

Decided to take a chance on a ford truck radiator, little bit of cutting and fabbing it worked out pretty good. Saved about $300 by using this instead of buying oem replacement
                              Need to re work the top of the shell for the cap but overall I'm happy with it

Comment

Working...
                              X