1947 wdx complete overhaul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1947 wdx complete overhaul

hey guys new to the forum figured id post up what ive got going .So i guess just about everything im doing is a conversion cause im really only keeping cab , hood and radiator support
    got this delivered from NM and started tearing it down to the frame

mocked up the 5.9 magnum on the original frame and cut the frame behind the cab for tube bed

after trying to mock up the links on the original frame found it was going to be too narrow for the axles i had . went to a salvage yard and picked up a 96 ram 1500 4x4 which was nice since it was boxed all the way back to where i needed it .

the d60 in the pic above i pulled from the yard and built with 5.38's grizzly locker and 35 yukon axle shafts , then added a bridge /truss for the links and did the same for the front 60 housing

Comment

got the transmission cross member bent up and setup with poly bushing instead of stock trans mount

mocked up the 205 to check for clearance then pulled the body back off while i was waiting for a new rear output shaft for the black box . once the new output shaft came in got it swapped out then was able to mate the crawl box and 205 to the trans and start on the 205 mount

Comment

Comment

That should take quite a bit of abuse, Looks like it will be a quite impressive build. Keep us updated and thank you for Sharing.
          1967 W200.aka.Hank
          1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
          2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

made some hoops to hook up lights and got the rear light mount mocked up

Comment

interior cage

Comment

got the full hydro pretty much wrapped up so started on the bed in the back , need to get the aluminum bolted in then get a fuel cell so i can make the mounts for it

Comment

just about wrapped up with the engine, got the roller tip rockers, valve covers and intake installed then cleaned up the block , pan and re-painted

got the lights in the other day and got around to getting them mounted

Comment

Looks good.
                    I wish I'd've known you were going to tube the rear.. I have a WM that was cut right behind the cab and extended 5' (five feet!) to mount a manure spreader. My frame looks great in front of and behind the splice, too. Splice isn't so good, though.

Comment

i had the back section of frame for sale on some of the facebook classifieds , moparts and craigslist , sold a rear cross member off it then sat for about a month then finally scrapped it

Comment

Glad to see ya on another one of the PW forums! Again, its Alex from FB and Pirate. These guys know their stuff around here and are more pleasant than some of the more purist direct forums. Keep up the good work!
                        1942 WC53 Carryall in progress.

Comment

thanks Alex , i went looking thru your build thread on here and pirate and can only see the last few pictures nothing else shows up . great metal work on the stuff i did see

Comment

got a few things done but may have tore meniscus in right knee so waiting on results .
                            stole the gauge set from my 65 town wagon since i needed egt and boost and wanted a complete matching set for it

had the wife help put the motor back in to make sure the booster would clear , which it did not so ended up having to go with hydroboost

then got a plan laid out for the bed

Comment

floor pretty much wrapped up

Comment

Working...
                              X