Centered rear axle, M37

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centered rear axle, M37

Circumstance forces me to consider shifting my re-power from a PW to an M37.

So the question is:

What is the source for a centered rear Axle for the narrower M37?

thanks,

Michael

You can build one out of the original rear axle like I did, but I am having a hard time finding someone to build the axles. All the axle builders will build custom Dana 60 axles all day long, but they do not seem to be interested in building shortened pw axles.

Comment

Originally posted by mozark View Post
      Circumstance forces me to consider shifting my re-power from a PW to an M37.

So the question is:

What is the source for a centered rear Axle for the narrower M37?

thanks,

Michael
      You need to find the Dodge WC WW2 pickup centered rear axle housing and shafts, thats what I did. I bought mine at VPW. There are other places like ebay also to get these. The only thing needed to use it is to buy some spring perches (I got mine from a trailer supply company) and weld them on to correspond to the M37 spring width; the WC perches do not line up exactly.
      One nice feature is only one axle shaft length to use and have as a backup in case of breakage when out on the trail.

Comment

I'll have a full set of WC axles for sale next spring, if you can wait that long. Axles are complete except for a few missing lug nuts.
        1942 WC53 Carryall in progress.

Comment

sorry for digging up the old thread, but are the WC 1/2ton axles the same as the 3/4ton? A guy relatively local has a rear 1/2ton axle for $150 and I want to center the rear axle and put in an NP205, but want to make sure the 1/2tons will hold up.

Thanks

Comment

w c rear axle

I just bought the remains of a wc 51 for it's centered rear axle. in all the pictures I've seen the back cover bolts onto these mine is welded, looks factory, also I've found some info on ugly truckling's site about different size ring and pinion gears I think 8 3/4 and 9 inch ring gears. I'd like to know what I have. thanks in advance. matt also selling 3 combat wheels off of this truck. any interest let me know.

Comment

Working...
            X