No announcement yet.

V8 conversion by uglytruckling help - new user

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desoto61, thanks for the advice and heads up on the passenger side drop axle. That will change my plan for the better. I appreciate your help greatly.

Comment

Looking forward to your work Todd..I just joined the Dodge PW party and putting a V8 in there is on my "To do" list ! Plan is Chevy Small block + SM465 trans (not a Dodge I know, but very hard to find here in Europe...)

Interested by how you linked trans and Tcase, I plan to keep the stock Tcase and build some custom driveshaft...

What's your thoughts about cooling system ? Did you find any modern radiator combo that look like the OEM one or you keep the stock radiator ?

I should start my build in a few days now, been gathering lof of informations to buy the right needed parts...

Comment

I am going to try and dig up the pictures of the V8 conversion I did with pictures, I have quite a few.
        Attached Files
        1967 W200.aka.Hank
        1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
        2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Welcher PWA View Post
          I am going to try and dig up the pictures of the V8 conversion I did with pictures, I have quite a few.
          A little bit off topic but I see you'r running BFG KO, what kind of wheels do you have ?

Biggest concern about my build right now is to find some tubeless 17" rims, VPW doesn't have any in stock right now, couldn't find anything else yet, I contacted Stockton Wheels to see what they could offer...

Comment

Originally posted by Fb73 View Post
            Interested by how you linked trans and Tcase, I plan to keep the stock Tcase and build some custom driveshaft...

What's your thoughts about cooling system ? Did you find any modern radiator combo that look like the OEM one or you keep the stock radiator ?
            I went a completely different direction on the one I placed a V8 in. I swapped out the axels/frame and went with a 2016 Hemi, transmission, and Tcase. Still need to get custom driveshafts.

Plan is to use the original radiator Since I had it re-cored.

Comment

Originally posted by Fb73 View Post
              A little bit off topic but I see you'r running BFG KO, what kind of wheels do you have ?

Biggest concern about my build right now is to find some tubeless 17" rims, VPW doesn't have any in stock right now, couldn't find anything else yet, I contacted Stockton Wheels to see what they could offer...
              Try contacting Stazworks wheels. They are more into the offroad stuff but I'm pretty sure he's cut a few R17s and r20s for the BUDD pattern before. Be warned, it is very pricey but the wheels have a very rugged and functional look.
              1942 WC53 Carryall in progress.

Comment

Thx for the tip Alexj64, I did send an Email to Stazworks, I also contacted Stockton wheels in CA a few days ago...I'll let you know how it goes...

Comment

Working...
                X