stainless exhaust almost free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stainless exhaust almost free

While wandering around the local junkyard last summer I picked up a ten dollar pool ladder from the stainless steel pile, nice mandrel bends 1, 180 degree, 1 90 and one 45 per side. I scrounged a piece of 3/8 stainless plate and borrowed a buddy's bandsaw and mill to make my manifold flange. I tacked a straight section to the flange , put it on the truck and proceeded to tack on various bends until it resembled the stock one. Pulled it all off, finish welded everything, added some black high temp paint from eastwood and a muffler from tractor supply grand total was about $55.00 for a mostly stainless exhaust system. I personally got tired of repro stock pipes that rust, leak etc, the pipe sold at most parts stores rusts out after a few years, theoretically this should last a long time. and was a lot cheaper than pipe, clamps muffler and trying to reuse the stock pipe to manifold flange for the second or third time. Hope this helps somebody out, I'm very pleased with the outcome. Matt
Working...
X