No announcement yet.

Progress on 1960 Power Giant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That hood ornament just says I am ready to go!!
    1967 W200.aka.Hank
    1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
    2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowanogre View Post
      That hood ornament just says I am ready to go!!
      It's an original Dodge hood ornament from that era, although not original for my truck, It fits the truck & it really looks like it is.

Comment

You are making incredible progress, I need to get back on my game. It's looking real nice.

Comment

Updated pics , needs more work but about 95 percent done
          Attached Files

Comment

Free flow Dual Exhaust installed this week
            Attached Files

Comment

You may have helped me out...

the fresh air duct into the heater, is that plastic drain hose?
              Just starting back to work on my '57. Inspiration is a good thing.
              Thanks,
              DrPepper

Comment

Originally posted by DrPepper View Post
                the fresh air duct into the heater, is that plastic drain hose?
                Just starting back to work on my '57. Inspiration is a good thing.
                Thanks,
                DrPepper
                I'm glad to be of help , mine came on the truck but I'm sure you could use drain hose as long as it was the right size . I'm looking forward to seeing your 57

Comment

Originally posted by Ron in Indiana View Post
                  You are correct on both counts. Brake boosters make a world of difference on these trucks. I get them rebuilt for $200-250 and hang on to that filter I've never found new ones.
                  Where do I get them rebuilt? I also have one similar on my 55?

Comment

I get mine rebuilt at Brake Materials and Parts Inc in Ft Wayne IN 260 426 3331 just ship it to them and you'll get a shiny rebuilt booster back. Tell Scott the owner I sent you Ron Reichhart. It runs about $250 for the job

Comment

Thanks so much Ron. Will get it on the way very soon. I want mine moving by spring of next year if not sooner.

Comment

hood ornament

My uncle's 60 D300, which he bought new, had the same opt ornament

Comment

Originally posted by horace View Post
                          My uncle's 60 D300, which he bought new, had the same opt ornament
                          Thanks for that info Horace , I would love to see a pic if you could get one

Comment

If that winch and pto is compatible with my 66 and still available I might be interested. Torn between retrofitting one or going with a modern electric. Maybe Ron or someone else knowledgable can chime in on that.

Comment

Originally posted by ABCanuck View Post
                              If that winch and pto is compatible with my 66 and still available I might be interested. Torn between retrofitting one or going with a modern electric. Maybe Ron or someone else knowledgable can chime in on that.
                              I have the Stimmel winch , shafts & reservoir , the pto I left in my truck because the cover plate was unavailable to me

Comment

Your truck is looking real good. Any chance you might be attending the Rally in Iowa this June? I'd love to see it in person.

Comment

Working...
                                X