front springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front springs

I have a 57 w300 that needs front springs, mine has 9 leaves, all of them I find have 11. It does not look like any springs have been removed . Has anybody come across this before?

See the tech specs on Joe's site.

http://dodgepowerwagon.com/main/spec230.html

Looks like either were options. Easiest would probably be to get the 11 and have a spring shop remove a few. If you're repowering you may want the extra leaves though.

I used Eaton Springs for my replacements, I think they default to the lighter pack.

Comment

Thanks Desoto, I have 4BTA nv4500 d60 d70 so 11 springs sound right. Your P/w build is fantastick!!

Comment

Thanks, long process but getting there.

I think I have the lighter pack in mine but Eaton did a 2" lift on the front springs and supposedly adjusted the leaves so they were a little more progressive (I think).

The goal being to help offset some of the extra weight without making the ride harder. It works well so far, the ride's far from soft but the stance is right, though at one point I did manage to hit the oil pan with the front axle, but that's more about modifying my oil pan cutout. Still was surprised I managed to get that much flex out of the front just driving around the neighborhood.

Others have gotten the same lift by adding two or three springs to the front pack, so either option should work.

Comment

Working...
        X