1978 W150 "Southbounder Edition" Club Cab - Atlanta, GA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1978 W150 "Southbounder Edition" Club Cab - Atlanta, GA

Well fellas, I started on this truck but I've just got too much going on... I hope one of you can finish it up! (pasting from my craigslist ad:)

1978 Dodge Power Wagon W150 - rare "Southbounder" Club Cab Edition

-Clean, strong, and in great shape for a 37 yr old truck
    -Stored in a barn for many years and brought out last year for restoration
    -Runs and drives - restoration nearly complete, but needs minor work to make it a daily driver

-318 V8 - Carter 2brl Carb - cranks easy and runs, idles down nicely
    -727 automatic transmission
    -NP-203 transfer case with hi-loc and lo-loc settings
    -True dual straight pipes and a nice sound
    -Rare Club Cab
    -Very straight body - one very small baseball sized dent at front right fender and slight dent in grill
    -Paint is mostly very good, but some fading on top and hood
    -Gas tank (plastic) has been removed and thoroughly cleaned - ready for re-installation (can run around the block as-is on a mock-up fuel cell)

-New Fuel Pump (installed)
    -New Water Pump (non installed)
    -New Summit Racing ignition rotor, cap, and wires included (not installed)
    -New Plugs installed
    -New ignition with 2 keys (installed)
    -New battery (installed)
    -New weather stripping on doors and windows (installed)
    -Clean interior
    -Factory A/C (rare for 1978) but not working (compressor, I would guess - I had no plans to fix it)
    -Fan and heat work fine
    -Sold with Bill of Sale and recent Clean Title Search document completed by APD
    -Includes 2 sets of 15" wheels (original wheels and installed alloy wheels)
    -Will need new tires soon, but it does include one new Wild Country XRT II 31x10.50 (~$125) that is mounted on one of the original wheels (not on the truck at the moment)

This truck needs only a little work to be a really nice restoration or a daily driver. It's a beast of a 4x4 with plenty of power. I'd love to finish it myself, but I've just got too much on my plate at the moment and I'm getting ready to buy a house so I could use the cash more than the project. With that said, I don't NEED to sell this truck and would be glad to wait and finish it myself - just offering it up for someone else to put the finishing touches if they think it's worth it. I'd rather see it get finished that continue sitting in my carport.

Since the gas tank is out, it'll need to be towed at the moment unless you happen to live nearby. If I find time, I'll re-install the gas tank and the remaining uninstalled new parts, but will raise the price a bit after doing so.

$4500

478.501.6410 text or call

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/4971376892.html

I was in a little bit of a tight spot buying the new house and having my daily driver go down, but I cam through without selling the truck and I'm getting it road ready now, so no longer for sale!

Comment

Working...
    X