Shaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaking

So I finally got my 60 w200 on the road & She shakes a lot anything over 25 mph. The prior owner told me it was the bias tires out of round. Any thing else I should look for? Also difficult downshifting without grinding. Any thoughts?

I'd be jacking up the front end and checking tie rod ends, drag link and knuckle bearings. If you can move the tire in and out at the top and bottom the knuckles need bearings. This isn't a hard repair and parts are available. Do you have trouble downshifting in all gears as first is not syncronized. The steering arm on the top of the drivers side is prone pulling the threads out of the knuckle jusy FYI

Comment

Originally posted by Ron in Indiana View Post
      I'd be jacking up the front end and checking tie rod ends, drag link and knuckle bearings. If you can move the tire in and out at the top and bottom the knuckles need bearings. This isn't a hard repair and parts are available. Do you have trouble downshifting in all gears as first is not syncronized. The steering arm on the top of the drivers side is prone pulling the threads out of the knuckle jusy FYI
      The drivers side knuckle was just replaced so everything is tight with the steering. Feels almost like a loose motor mount or tranny mount as it happens when I shift into 3rd & 4th gear. I also felt the floorboard move under my feet going over bumps like something was hitting it. I have to get under there this week

Comment

the TC mounts are hard to access being so close to the cab floor but they are usually safety wired. I'd look at the rear bell housing mounts and your cab mounts as well. Check the phazing of your U joints too if they are out of line they can cause a severe vibration as do the slip yokes. Let me know what you find please

Comment

So checked out everything underneath for loose mounts etc., found a small rot hole on the driver floorboard needs fixing. The shaking was from the engine misfiring & 2 cylinders were out so under load would shake everything up. Running like a top now , 55 on the hiway no problem , been driving around more often to get all the bugs out , one bug at a time !

Comment

Thanks for reporting back. It is always nice to hear what was found. Glad to know you got it fixed!

Clark

Comment

Working...
            X