No announcement yet.

My other Town Wagon project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm planning on finally getting back out to the garage tomorrow for a little work on the Town Wagon. Feeling a lot better, not 100% so I'll be taking it easy. I am just itching to get out of the house. I have a bunch of light weight work I can do. I'll try to keep getting pictures.

Comment

yeah you better take it easy, I know it's hard but try. You pop that gut now and you'll be down a lot longer.

Comment

I will be watching this one also.

Comment

I got a little more done on my project. I got both front and rear axles removed and stripped down ready to install new 4.56 gear sets and lockers. I also installed add-a-leafs front and rear to the spring packs. Hope to get my gears and lockers this weekend and install them soon. Then I should be done with the chassis and ready to start on getting the body ready. I'm getting excited.

Comment

And all this was done without heavy lifting HOW???? Keep your feet warm and mind that hernia repair.

Comment

I have a hoist in the garage. I just unbolted the axles and lifted the chassis up away from them. They are still sitting on the ground in the same place they came off, gotta wait for my brother to come over and lift them out and onto the bench. Im being real careful not to overdue it.

Comment

Been at it a lot more. The chassis is pretty much done and I have the body off of the 2wd frame. The body is sitting on the hoist with the chassis sitting under it, gives me a warm fuzzy feeling seeing it start to take shape. Still lots to do. Here are a few pics from along the way.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

And that's where I am right now. Still need to make body mounts, install steering, and brakes, and all of the electrical. Plus a little interior work. I am still thinking I am going to drive this thing to the Iowa Rally in June, thats my goal. Probably wont be 100% done but are any projects ever 100% done?

Comment

Very nice! What did you use to clean up the axle housings?

Comment

Little bit of everything. 4" grinder with wire wheel, 2" grinders with sanding disc's and roloc disc's, safety glasses and breathing mask's. Very messy job. Turned out good though, at least I'm happy with them. All the small parts I sand blasted in a cabinet.

Comment

Working...
                              X