17.5 dually wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17.5 dually wheels

I found a dual wheel setup off of a 59 Power wagon .The inside wheels have a different offset than the outer wheel is this an original setup? They are not split rims and are 6 bolt 17.5 .Unfortunately I didn't get the front wheels.They are the same bolt pattern as my W300. Any Thoughts

Sold the set that came on my TW-PW

The duals I had, offset was the same for inner and outer and was about an inch beyond the rim edge. They have tabs on the face that interlock the wheels when assembled.
    The front wheel offset puts the hub inside the rim outer edge. The front wheels did not have the tabs.

Comment

17.5 wheels

The 2 deep offset wheels I have ,do have tabs on every other hole.The other two for the front don't . Where all 6 wheels you had the same offset? If not then I am missing 2 back wheels? Thanks ROCKWELL 680

Comment

You are missing 2 wheels ...

The 3 tabs nest into the adjacent holes on every other opening. If you try to use them with a "front" wheel the face won't sit flush.
        I had 2 front wheels and both were broken/cracked. The offset was definitely different. Dig thru the threads as there is some discussion about the wheels. My TW had been a winter rescue vehicle and the owners would cut open the wheel wells and put duals on the back for added traction.
        Are you going to use these on a project?
        Take note that I've been looking for a brake drum for my '57 for 2+ years and still havent found one. Finally gave up and am planning to swap in a set of '87 D100 axles I bought.
        The 17.5" tires are a pain to find also, and not cheap when you do.
        Hope this helps
        DrPepper

Comment

17.5 wheels

The truck I removed the wheels from was on a 59 powerwagon 1/2 ton. Not sure if the brake drums are the same. The truck was pretty rough. But the axles were there with drums?.

Comment

Working...
          X