Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maxmac View Post
    LFD270ben,
    Since my last post, Ive secured a host of parts that I needed for the project. I've rebuilt axles, repaired many dents, and currently have the front end torn apart so that I can get primer and paint on the engine bay, core support, fenders, hood, and frame. This portion alone has been a year in the making but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm awaiting the front springs and a new radiator and then I can begin reassembling things and get the beast back on the road, hopefully in the next 2-3 months!

Now I need to find homes for the old but useable spare parts that I have!
    I found that Dodge used the same spring dimensions on their 1/2 ton trucks up to 76 as our trucks which makes replacement springs very easy to find if that helps. I might be able to take some of those parts off your hands for the right price. Can't wait to see it I am just north of Denver we should meet up some time when it is done. I found another guy in Grand junction that is fixing a Carryall.

Comment

Sounds good. I'm in Fruita now but get to Denver often for work. I am doing a 44 conversion so I have the front and rear (8.75) axles, wheels, and tires available off this truck. The tires are brand new...

I also have 3 doors off sweptline pickups and one rear door (left) for a Townie.

Comment

Dana 44 front? I have one the PO did a cut and turn on it but he must have used a stick welder it constantly weeps gear oil from where he welded it. I am looking for a Dana 60 for the front personally because my cummins is very heavy. After that my drivetrain refresh should be done.

Comment

Yup. D44 front and rear out of an 81 W100 pickup. Theres always D60's for sale on the West Slope. Check Craigslist... or the junk yard in GJ/Delta.

Comment

Working...
          X