64 D100 Town Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64 D100 Town Wagon

Well , I just went to take a look ..........
    As usual , I couldn't bring myself to leave it behind.
    It has rust in the bottom of the front floor pan (stupid floor mats ! )and a few pin hole here and there.
    Looks fairly straight , except for the pass. quarter and door.
    Don't think that will be to bad as it isn't creased.
    Very complete , minus the broken tail lights , missing bezels , visors and steering wheel.
    Runs like a /6 always runs !
    Most of the tag reads "special" , I'm thinking it was Gov. also the original paint looks awfully close to forest service green.
    225 , 435 8.75
    I didn't think I could go wrong for $595 plus it cost me about $50 worth of fuel to go get her.
    Giving it the full W200 treatment .

Comment

Comment

nice find!
        So, are you going to convert it to 4WD, based on your comment about the full W200 treatment?

Comment

Thanks Doc ,
          I was planning to roll the drive train form a W200 that I parted under it.
          To me the W - town wagons look waaaaay better than the 2wds.
          I knew before I went to look at it , if I got it , I would convert it.
          Plus , I cant see were any of the parts couldnt be returned to stock if it was needed

Comment

Great looking rig! The chrome on it alone
            is worth what you paid, IMHO.
            John

Comment

$595?

Sweet deal! Congratulations, it's beautiful.

Comment

Thanks guys !
                Progress on this will be slower than my normal slow progress !
                The Wife has laid down the law , I have to finnish up some other things before I can get to work on this one.
                I may have to sneek the W running gear in it though , its driving me crazy sitting so close to the ground.

Does any body have any idea if there are other vehicles that shared the tail light bezels with Townies ?
                I found the correct lenses pretty cheap , but looks like the trim is going to be tough to find.

Comment

TW parts

I have a ton of TW / TP parts for sale. e-mail me at rockey02@msn.com with what you need if interested.

Thanks,

Jared Weeks
                  Sumner, Wa.

Comment

Excellent !! Thank you .
                    E-mail on the way

Comment

Rear Spring Bushings ?

Well , I started the 4wd conversion.
                      It only took about 2 hours to swap the front axle with hand tools, would have been alot faster if the aircompressor was working.
                      Pulled a complete rear end assembly from the donor only to find the spring bushings were shot so Im stalled for awhile.

I had planned to ream the Townie spring mounts to accept the larger W200 rear spring bolts .

Now , since I have to replace the bushings , would it be possable to use bushings with smaller bolts and not drill out the holes ?

Since I havnt pressed out the old ones yet I dont have an OD for either the W200 or the D100 sping eyes to even compair.

Any one have any thoughts on this ?

Comment

Got some work done.
                        Couple cell phone pics.

Comment

Looks like it's sitting up there right and proper. Have you swapped in the TC yet?

Comment

Not yet , thats my next phase.
                            Have you done that before Ron ?

So far its been really pretty easy going , just unbolt and bolt in for the most part.
                            I think its about to get alittle tougher.

One thing about it , its easier to crawl under now.
                            Its alot higher than I thought it would be

I think Ill try to pull a template from one of the other trucks and drill from the inside of the frame.
                            I figure for the t-case cut out in the floor Ill just lay one of my sweptline floor humps over this one , line up the hole for the trans and mark the slot for the levers.
                            Not sure about the mount for the levers yet , that might be kinda fun to do with the body on.

Comment

No I have not, the closest I got was replacing the front K member on my 59 PG. That was not fun. The rivets are swedged into the holes making it hard to drive them out. Then I had to beat the member out with a sledge. I hope yours goes easier. With the tranny hump out you really have room to work. I'm working a 58 PG that had the lever bolted to the transmission cover. This is a single lever where you are dealing with a twin stick I presume? Getting the holes drilled correctly is the key.

Comment

Working...
                              X